Sunday, December 18, 2016

Christmas Reminder!!

Getting ready for Christmas...first the tree, then the baubles and don't forget the lights.  
A Christmas Star and Three Wise Men. . . even Nature foretells the coming of Christ.
A teddy bear, a piglet,  and you wonder what to buy for a little one.....

"Sleigh bells ring, are you listening;  here to stay snow is glistening , a beautiful sight, happy tonight walking in the winter wonderland" ...la, la, la...... Good Morning...How are you today?   I am humming at six o' clock in the morning.  I've been perusing through archives of pictures and I think I have put each and everyone up at least once, if not twice, on the blog.   I need a walk with a camera.  I need to get busy and find some new and different photos to show, but....the mind is willing but the body is busy elsewhere.   If all goes as planned I'll be out the door and off to a musical today.   We are going to another small town, hopefully with a full bus, after lunch time, so no special outing for lunch today, but that does not mean I'll be taking pictures.   I could, I should, but.....who wants to carry a camera around all day....um...on second thought, maybe, just maybe, I'll carry mine along.  

Here at Ridgemont the folks are busy getting ready for Christmas.   Doris, our almost one hundred year old , came down and stayed for a visit bringing me some of her muffins , date and nut bread and cookies and you wonder why I don't get skinny.....Doris wants us all to stay fat and sassy.  She stayed awhile, put her feet up on the hassock, sank into the rocking chair and sighed as she told me she feels right at home here.   I take that as a very great compliment and like to hear the folks tell me they feel at home here.  Makes me feel good and putting on the tea pot is always fun as it gives me a chance to share all those treats I've been getting.  If I were to eat my way through all those goodies, I'd be the size of a rhino in a small mud puddle.   I do share, give away as much as I can so others can enjoy the 'taste of Christmas'.  I have some cookies on a platter that I have never seen before.  Some folks have traditions and old recipes that should be in a special Christmas cookie book.   Hand me downs from long ago, but some are never shared as they belong to the 'family'.  I have a date and nut bread which Doris made just for me knowing I love it.   All I need now is the cream cheese for it and I'll be in 'hog heaven';  I really would share some if you were here, but seeing you are busy elsewhere, I'll just have to have it all to myself.  Poor me!!!

I am going to love you, leave you and go and get ready for my today.  I hope you have plans and are going off to have some fun.   I haven't been to a musical in a long time, so I will be enjoying a bus ride over to Silverdale in the company of several other seniors;  not sure how many signed up, and when I return I'll have something to write about.   Be good, be kind, be gentle . . . take time to be a friend today and give some one you know and love a special helpful hand just because they need it.  Say a prayer or two for those who have a cross to bear;   donate a few cents to the bell ringers, buy a gift for someone who has little or nothing and put it under the tree in the store or church or hall. . . everyone with a kind heart is trying hard to make Christmas mean something to those in need.   So many hurting and we have so much.   Show your gratitude by sharing and caring...Go...do it today...one good deed that only YOU can do.    Be Christ like and I promise you will glow!!  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...