Friday, December 16, 2016

Paintings!

The little cottage I used to live in when I lived in Carson City.  Ah the tales it could tell!!

My painting of Sand Harbor up at Lake Tahoe in Nevada.  Many a summer evening watching one of the many Shakespeare plays.

This picture was a gift.  A friend's mother painted it and it looked like melted waxed crayons although I am sure it was a mixture of real paints.  Very well done and welcoming.   Not sure who has it now as all the moves meant giving up some things of value to me, but a new home was found and they were never wasted.

I know where this one found a home...Patricia has it hanging in her living room.   It is one of two art works I owned and done by a school teacher whose name I no longer remember,but pictures of beauty where you could sit and look at the picture and take a walk in the sunshine and snow flakes.  

So today look around and make sure you have no pictures hidden away.  They are meant to be seen, enjoyed and bring back memories of places and faces you have loved and many times yearn for.  Life changes and sometimes the pictures we surround ourselves with keep or memory banks loaded with good thoughts and wonderful memories.

I did not go out of Ridgemont at all yesterday;  well if stepping outside to the mail box counts, then I did step out into the cold and it really was not all that bad.   I did receive a couple of Christmas cards from old friends far away.   It always brings a smile right along with it.   How long it has been between visits;  how much life has changed for us all.    Placing faces with names is always fun and happy thoughts run through the mind as you read the name on the envelope.   I don't know who is responsible for greeting cards but it was a very good idea.   Keeping in touch with old friends is a good idea.  We may not do it more than once a year, but that once is enough to bring back fond memories and that wonderful feeling of friendship we treasure.   For those of us with computers we can forward greetings and add a word or two in greetings,but it will never take the place of actual cards which we use to help decorate our abode to keep Christ in Christmas.   I was lucky to have drop in company and then an invitation to see a lovely small decorated tree and beautiful candles in Lois' apartment.  The spirit surrounds us as the doorways along the halls are being decorated.   Christmas is coming and the mood is changing to bright and happy thoughts and the Christmas spirit begins to take over.

So as the old saying goes...Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to YOU and YOURS. . . May your life be filled with 'good' things;  good health, a bit of wealth and welcoming smiles.  Be Santa Clause and make someone you like and love feel the spirit of Christmas. . . Christ in us. . .it can't get better than that.    Go be a Good Deed today!!!!  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...