Monday, November 21, 2016

New Star




Christine is a great cook and makes an apple pancake that is more than delicious.   When you come for a visit we will talk her into making you one.    
Here is that turkey you have been looking for.  All dressed up, hiding in a Christmas hat hoping you will forget all about Thanksgiving turkey for your dinner.    Here at Ridgemont we had our turkey dinner already and it was delicious.   The left overs made a great turkey soup.  Turkey sandwiches.  Turkey tender and tasty, now for a big steak!!!! Guess I'll have to wait for the holidays to be over for that.    

Here it is the start of a new week.   I opened the blinds to pure blackness; can't tell what kind of a day is in store for us.    A few cars are coming in for the hospital wing , workers starting their day.   It is very quiet here as folks are content sleeping in.   I wake up in the wee hours and start my day but revert to a nap in my chair a bit later.    The body clock is set for an early rise, always has been and I think I blame my children for that.    Well, I have to blame someone.   
Sunday proved to be a drop in day for me.   Vinnie came for a short visit and tried to find a few puzzle pieces.    He gave up as he had no luck.   He is not what you would call a patient person and that is not an understatement.   He is first to admit he has a fault or two..smile....I could name a few more but I'll be kind.   We have not been reading for some time now and he seems content with that.    Since he had his eyes worked on reading is easier for him and he is enjoying a few new magazines he has ordered.    Ron stopped in and stayed awhile.  He was seated in front of the puzzle and tried to find a piece or two but gave up.  He has a smart phone and it has puzzles which he does every day.  I think he said he has finished about a hundred of them in the last few months.    That little phone deal he has is quite interesting.   Not sure what it is called but he would be lost without it.  

So you see there is little or no new news for you today.   Patricia stopped by with some delicious meat she cooked up and shared it with me for my dinner.  It was very tasty and saved me from having to cook up a dinner.    Our main meal is upstairs in the dining room and it seems a long time from eleven a.m. to our real dinner time.   I usually wind up with a sandwich and a cup of left over coffee; and a little desert if I have some.   Christine went to Costco and the holiday cookie are out..the big round ones with chocolate ; the no calorie ones...smile.....the ones you can't have one or two kind of cookies.

That is my take for today...not much but something as you wake up and get going on your tasks for today.   I do have to dust...neglected it over the weekend.   I wish you a 'happy' day; be content;  be wise;   be joyful;  be a smile maker;  be a joker, be a listener and give out a hug or two along the way.    Make a list, check it twice and go get the 'goodies' for the Thanksgiving Day feast.    May you have the best one ever. Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...