Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Good Morning!

I hope today is one of those wonderful days and you start off with your tea, coffee or latte with a smile on your face, a lot of energy and a plan for a very good day.
In case you are finding fault with your weather;  you could be in the midst of a snow storm...count your blessings.
There is no law or rule that says you cannot treat yourself to a bouquet.....Stop at Freddys and pick up a colorful bouquet and brighten up your table.  The whole room will light up and you will find reasons to smile all day.  

It is Tuesday, all day, and it is going to be a blustery one here in Port Orchard.    A good day for closet cleaning.  A good day to throw out that blouse you have not worn in ten years.  A good day to make room for something new.   If I threw out my ten year wardrobe I would really have to shop.  It is hard to give up the comfort of old things but they do wear thin and they do look seedy after awhile.   I never gave much thought to clothing and memories, but if you think about it there are a few events that stand and stay.    I think we are all romantics at heart.  But hanging on to something you will not wear again is foolish, besides it is time to go on a trip to the store for a new sweater or blouse for the upcoming holidays...you deserve a treat.

What did I do yesterday? ... really nothing special.   Well, I did get to the big antique store on Bay Street where there are so many very old and beautiful things.  I was looking for a gift for Christine who will be having a birthday in early December and being one to have everything she wants or needs is a hard task.   I thought of a special cruet, something in cut glass, something beautiful and colorful but didn't find anything close.   The ones that I did find were so over priced they stayed right where they are.   Forty five dollars for a 'jug' to hold some liqueur;  I don't think so. Well if it were a Royal Dalton that might be a different story.    Anyway that is not what she is getting. I am much too frugal and practical so new soxs and a few surprises will make her day.

Meanwhile we have a holiday to celebrate this week.    Thanksgiving....and we have much to be thankful for.    We are not going to have turkey..thank goodness...as we have already had several turkey dinners in early celebrations.    We are going to have a surprise and I have no idea what...I'd rather be surprised.    Christine is our hostess.   Pat and I get to be guests but we will offer to help...drink a glass of wine and put our feet up until called to the table...smile...nah...we will help and of course bring a hostess gift or two.    There is a bakery here that makes up some lemon tarts to die for...wonder if they will have pumpkin ones for the holiday.   I will miss my mince meat pie though.   So, off I go to closet clean and dream of the upcoming feast.   There are some things that make us happy and content....sharing and caring with friends and family, nothing is better than that.  Go, start preparing and sharing and make your life worthwhile.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...