Friday, October 14, 2016

Predictions

 Seconds count so spend them wisely.    That predicted storm didn't come so the lights stayed on, the heat did not go off and peace remained.

Not even the lesser of two evils to vote for.     Kind of makes you wonder what is going on.  

Hurricane Nicole bearing down on Bermuda with 130 mph winds....good time not to vacation in Bermuda.  


Here it is Friday again, my that comes around quickly.   It was a good week, especially the trip up the mountains  and a day of great weather.   Weather patterns are quick to change and a big storm was predicted.   Pat and I made it to the grocery store as well as hundreds of others as the storm was suppose to hit us heavy and folks were stocking up in case the lights went out.    Luckily they didn't and all stayed quiet through the night.  I am lucky to have a lantern and it was all primed and ready to go.   Right now the morning workers are coming in and parking for the day.  It is pitch black out there so I cannot see if the street is wet or not.   It really doesn't matter as today is laundry day so you know I wont be out and about for some time.   I may take Pat up on her invitation to see a good movie at her house.  She has Netflick and I have enjoyed some wonderful television series;  the last one was "The Ship" and it was very good, and "Cedar Cove" was excellent too.    So I best stop gabbing and get my work done so I can have a lazy afternoon.

I do have to warn you though, my mind is leaving me a bit faster than I hoped.    Getting into the nineties leads to a lot of different changes in the body as well as the mind.    I find that there are memory lapses more often than I would like to admit.    So be warned that time is catching up with me.  There are changes here in Ridgemont as well as one of our elderly gentleman went off to a smaller senior residence, closer to where his daughters live and where he will get a lot more attention.    One of our ladies is in the hospital.  She is going on one hundred and her legs are refusing to cooperate.   She fought for a long time to try and stay right here but once you cannot 'move' on your own , other places have to be considered.   It makes sense as the folks here are not equipped to take care of those who lose the use of their legs.   So take good care of your body so when you get to 'that' age you will stay functional.   Old age has its bright spots but they are farther and farther away.   Remember if you have old folks to love and take care of, cherish them as the road they travel is not an easy one.    Pay attention so that when your day comes, you will be able to move about on your own.    The more you take care of your body and mind now, the better your senior years will be.    Those of you that are already in the late senior years can tell you that taking care of your mind as well as your body is what is important.  Live one day as it comes and make sure you eat hardy, exercise the body and more importantly the mind.    

Be good, be kind, be gentle.    Remember one good deed has to be accomplished today;  two would be better.     Be a good daughter or son, be a good neighbor, be a best friend, be YOU.     Remember hugs are what make your heart jump and dance to a special rhythm.    Hugs to all.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...