Monday, October 17, 2016

Maxine!

Good old Maxine says it like it is.   The author, a male, tells tales about his mother and his aunt and it is almost like looking in a mirror as he captures our spirit every time.    

Here we have the start of a new week.   Weather wise it is Fall, heading for Winter and all the changes that go with it.    Pat and I  had a ride along the water yesterday and got out for awhile.   Weather has kept us confined and that gets old, so we rode down to Manchester , enjoyed the quiet back roads and the view of Seattle across the water.  You can see the ferries making their usual runs.   We did have one of those vanilla cones of soft ice cream.   The old familiar makes the taste buds stand up and be counted.    Christine went on to a wedding of one of the Gallery ladies and told us all about it when we met for dinner.    So our day vanished and we have to admit all rainy days are not all bad....in fact I love a rainy day.

We have the start of a new week and no idea of what is in store for us.    Here at Ridgemont everything was quiet.   My neighbor, Evelyn, returned from her trip to Arizona so I should be hearing all about it at our dinner time today.   She has been gone for three weeks so she must have tales to tell as her son and daughter-in-law have a horse ranch there.   Vinnie and I had a good read yesterday and the short story book of Westerns has proven to be a fun read.    I thought for awhile he was bored but he tells me he isn't.  He has days when he chooses to hibernate and says it has nothing to do with being bored but feeling depressed which is not a healthy thing.    He doesn't like being eighty plus and scowls when I tell him it is a good time of life;  wait util he hits the nineties...better not tell him.

So I am off to enjoy today.   I have no special plans, just wait to see what comes up and go with the flow.    I dusted.   I cleaned a cupboard.   I watched "Shane" again and it is probably the umpteenth time but it is always a winner.  Today is a good day to rearrange the cupboard in the kitchen, or run away and have some fun.    My that has a nice ring to it.

Have a Monday you will remember for years to come.    Think . . . surprise yourself......good deeds are fun so line up a couple and see what they do for your psyche .  Who knows, you might set a record for making someone you know and love dance around the room today.    It doesn't take much when you give of yourself.   It does make your world go around.    So, be good, be kind, be gentle and decide that today is going to be the best day yet.    Only you can make it happen.   Be bright, be loving, be YOU.  Hugs to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...