Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Greetings!!

Great Grandpa Bob Williams is in love...yes, this little one is his great granddaughter.  

The latest picture of the Amaker ranch up there in Gardnerville, Nevada.  Yes, the first snow.  It wont be long before winter arrives and those mountains will be covered in snow. So much beauty in Nevada, one of my favorite places.

Coffee is hot and tasty.   Pat and I are going out to breakfast this morning as I am overdo for a haircut.  A good trim will be nice and I can get rid of that shaggy dog look.    I often think of letting my hair grow out and put it in a bun of sorts..ha.ha.ha.ha.....me in a bun...now that is funny.  When my hair grows two inches long I begin to think I am in big trouble...short is best.  I will never be a glamour queen.

I had a chance to walk around the grocery store yesterday.  I wanted a little fresh fruit and once I saw the prices I changed my mind.   I settled for one orange and two bananas, more than that they rot overnight.   Food doesn't keep anymore.    I still have apples in the refrigerator and I am tempted to bake a few apple turnovers but I am lazy.   Baking has lost its appeal.   Retiring from the kitchen is hard, like giving up driving, but one reaches a stopping point or at least a longer time between kitchen duties when the ninety decade rolls around.  We nonagenarians use any excuse to stay out of the kitchen.   It is so much easier to walk out the door and go up to the dining area for a meal; but . . . if only the food was more appetizing.    Industrial food has its limits.    I don't know where I heard that we should eat less at this age, my appetite has not decreased and deserts always have a special appeal.   What is better than a hot apple turnover right of the oven?  I can't think of anything, can you?    Food is our fuel, like it or not, and really what is not to like?    So right now I am having a cup of hot coffee, and it hits the spot as the old adage goes.   

So, I will let you off easy this morning.  I have to go get dressed and be downstairs for my ride.  I have the prettiest chauffeur  in town and I don't want to keep her waiting.   I hope you have a day that you will remember with happy thoughts for a long time.    Don't be lazy, get out in the kitchen and make something good and tasty, then you have no excuse for not inviting someone you like and love in for a cup of coffee and a dropped egg or two.   Be magnanimous today;  spread  a little of YOU around and brighten your corner of the world.    Be good, be kind, be gentle and be a prize example of goodness today.    Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...