Monday, July 18, 2016

New Week

A truism
It is voting time here in Port Orchard
When I was a teenager my ear was glued to a radio just like this.


I had to go back in time to find a few pictures this morning.   Probably posted them a few years back.    Hard to believe I am still trying to blog after a daily eight year run.    I am finding it harder to find things to talk about that would be of interest to you as we have ongoing horror news these days and at this age I am not getting out and about as much as I would like to.   I get out enough, not complaining but not getting out to where I'd like to....a trip to Italy would be nice, but overseas travel loses its appeal with all the horror going on in our world.  I would like to make the trip to Carson City and see son Michael down in the valley.    I might get to do that before the year is out,  time will tell.    A trip to Brookings and meet up with some friends would be fun.   It may seem like I am complaining;  heaven forbid, I am just stating a few facts about getting energy, time and money together all at the same time.   The old adage of 'if wishes were horses beggars would ride' comes to mind.   

The quiet of the morning, the workers coming in to park their cars and head for another work day.  A new week beginning  making me wonder what is in store for us this week.    The news a harbinger of violence makes it hard to turn on the television and hear of a new horror.   So many families suffering the loss of a loved one.   I find I repeat myself over and over just like the news of the day.    Violence begets violence;  peace begets peace;  we seem to have lost our way.  We do not have all the answers but we can work a few little miracles in our own back yard.   If we love our neighbor it would be a start.   If we do one act of kindness it would help.   If we took time to listen and not be a 'know it all' life would be easier.    So let this day be the beginning of your good deeds.  Stop, look and listen . . . what could be easier than that?    Be a 'stop sign' today;  stop arguing; stop showing off;  stop being a know it all;  stop and open up your mind, your heart and your arms and pass out a few hugs today...the body hugs that mean so much.    Go . . hug someone, right now.
Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...