Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Manchester

The little tug was bumping the pier, have no idea why.    

One of the signs on the pier at Manchester

The little girl was dressed up in high heels and dancing on the wharf.   Her mother was sitting in her car watching closely as we snapped her picture.   We smiled and said 'cute' and she nodded.   

Our favorite run away spot to have lunch.

Christine was over yesterday and checked out the computer for me and, lucky for me, put the pictures I took of the trip to Manchester last week onto the computer.   I did take notes.  I hope I can do it myself in the future as it will give me a whole new area to show you of our Northwest.

There are times when one wants to run away for a day and we have found that Manchester is a delightful ride , not to far away, and the 'grill' has very good food.   We have had their breakfast and their lunch and best of all Christine took me there last week for Prime Rib that was tender and delicious.   

It is a delightful small town with lovely homes over looking the water.   The Ferry boat landing is there and it is a 'hilly' little town.    Not a lot there, the library was closed and there are no shops, yet it has a little draw all its own.  
  
You can see Seattle, the Space Needle and the Navy yard from the water's edge.   We do have a couple of other areas we like to travel to also and one is rarely out of sight of the water.   I often speak of missing the beaches of Oregon but I am slowly finding a lot of beauty in the waterways here in this area.   My gripe being the distances to go where you want to go and Christine laughs out loud as she tells me they are only minutes away.    

So the camera is working fine, now all I have to do is find some little trips to take it on, so I can introduce you to a little more of the northwest.    We have a heat wave coming on so the talk is of a trip to the ocean some two hours away.    I have't been there as yet but when and if I do, I'll take my camera with me and show you a little of Washington's beach area.

Here at Ridgemont it is quiet.   Alzheimer has claimed two of our men and both have been moved to other facilities where there is special care.   One of our ladies returned after having a pace maker operation and is doing very well.   It is nice to have her back.    Doris, who will be one hundred, next birthday, is still baking up a storm and made some breakfast rolls to share.    Baking is her way of coping with boredom.   There have been fewer at the dinner hour this week, probably because it is vacation time and families are getting together for a few days.  It makes a nice change for the folks that are confined most of the year.    

So think about folks in your family and if they are living in a senior residence, take time to give them an outing.   Take them shopping and stop for a special treat.   You may give little thought to getting older and having limitations put on you as to 'getting around' but it comes to all...sooner or later...age is the price we pay for living so long.    It isn't all bad, but it can get lonely.    You are busy, that is natural for you and once they were busy and didn't think about the future. . . well give the future some thought as you are heading in the same direction.  It is inevitable.    Just remember that all those good deeds come back and that is really a God send....a blessing in disguise.   Do today, give a little of YOU to the someone you like and love.    Some one person in your life needs a little of your attention. . . why???  because they LOVE you.    A two way street and it is wonderful. . . make a date and share a belly laugh or two.    Go!!!  BE YOU!!!!  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...