Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Bits and Piece

A painting Christine bought for me because I laughed out loud.  It really is precious and it does make me laugh.   I have shown it before, but like all good things that make us laugh out loud, it is worth another look.

One of the waterways here in the Northwest.   There are many.   It is not the ocean but second best...smile.....

A view of Seattle from the wharf at Manchester.  

Good Morning.    A quiet day yesterday, did a bit of the puzzle which is a fun one, read some of Cussler and the shenanigans  of the characters in his story, had the fan going most of the afternoon as it heated up, and even took a walk out  to the corner and back.    Pat stopped in to check on me, and find a few puzzle pieces.  She is very good at it.   So a quiet day and not a sound from anyone here at Ridgemont.    It is after four a.m. so it is dark outdoors.  I have my door wide open so the cool air will fill the room and then I will close it off when the heat rises.  We are due another hot day today.   

The political battles go on and on and on;  just read an article about Hillary that was down right scary.   She is not a person I would vote for, as her history is quite frightening to say the least.  We again have a choice between the lesser of two evils and that is a shame.  Whatever happened to strong willing candidates who want to run this country as it should be led.    Whatever happened to honesty, caring and a proud America. . . the old adage of all good things must come to an end seems to be happening more each year.    I hope you all take time to stop, look, listen and vote.

I caught up with the daughter of my old pen pal of some sixty years and she was kind enough to respond and catch me up on the children and grandchildren of my old friend.  She even sent some pictures along and it was so good to see the grandchildren and great grand children.  She would have been so happy and proud of all of them.  My friend and I were pen pals for over fifty years and we  spent time on paper sharing news of our children and grandchildren.   A history all by itself.   She has been gone many years and I still miss our correspondence.  I am very thankful to this wonderful daughter of hers and stop to think how proud she would be of her family.   It is sad her grandchildren and great grandchildren didn't have the chance to meet her and have her in their lives. 
She was one of those homemakers who greeted you with a hug and a smile, sat you down at the kitchen table and served up a plate of her fresh baked blueberry muffins.    You were always welcomed.  You were always sent away with the feeling of being accepted and loved.   

So today, take a page from her history book and see what you can do to share that same kind of feeling with those you like and love.    Take time to open your door and your heart and have a 'coffee clatch' or a tea break and share YOU with those you like and love.   The time you spend will be heart warming and you will come away feeling like a million . . . dollars??? Nah!!!  Smiles....and a warm heart to carry you through the day.    AND, be good, be kind, be gentle as you go about your day today.   Take time to think.....someone needs a hug;   a kiss;   a smile and a few moments of your time.   Give generously, that's because you can.   Make today a day to remember.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...