Thursday, June 23, 2016

Clouds

The lenticular clouds of Nevada.    These clouds are mostly seen in Nevada skies and remind me of space ships.  It was always fun to watch them float bye, sometimes alone, sometimes in rows.  Your imagination would take off and you could fly to outer space in the blink of an eye.

It is Thursday today, all day, sometimes it is hard to remember just what day it is.   Throw in a holiday and the calendar disappears from the brain cells.  Hitting the nineties era is interesting and sometimes foreboding as we 'elders' have to go around the brain a couple of times to get 'it' right..  One thing is that we are in good company as our table mates do not know what day it is either.    We do know that twice  a month , on a Wednesday, the rickety bus comes to take those who are interested in a ride somewhere.  It could be a ride to an area we haven't been to, a shopping mall, or better still a museum where we can  enjoy the history of another time.   I like the Navy museum , and I think  the puppet museum came next as it was very interesting.  I am looking forward to another ride out and a stop for lunch out with the ladies.

Someone is out  in the parking lot beeping their horn, a no-no, as the drapes are not even drawn at this time of the morning.
I gather someone is not awake yet and leaned on their horn.    Right now there is silence, the sky is grey and the trees are still.  We had rain in the night.  I didn't hear it.   One of our ladies was telling me that someone has been knocking on doors in the middle of the night.  I haven't heard any knocks.  She may be dreaming or one of our men folk is having signs of Alzheimer so may be confusing day with night hours. I am not a heavy sleeper so am glad to report no one is knocking on my door in the wee hours.   I don't know if that would be considered lucky at this age or not...smile....  My sister-in-law used to tell tales of a male who knocked on doors hoping for a bit of romance in the wee hours but those in the know put a stop to that idea in a hurry.    So far, our gentlemen callers have chosen the afternoon hours to visit and then the door is wide open.   I think most just want and need a touch of the hand, a peck on the cheek, a little attention to brighten their lonely days.   You might give some thought to visiting a shut in and make their day a bit brighter.   Some folks have no family and their friends have all gone on before them.   Everyone trudges along the time line and one day may find themselves in the same spot, so remember that what goes around comes around.  Giving of yourself for a short time each month could be the difference of happiness or sadness for a shut in.  

I have a very old paper back "Now Hear This" by Daniel  Rear Admiral USN (ret.) which came out in 1966, which is the new book to read to Vinnie.    He is an old 'tar' from way back and he is already laughing out loud at some of the shenanigans of the crew.  .If you get a chance to pick up a copy in a used book store, do, it is hilarious.   I started a Patterson book which should keep me awake;  murder and mayhem and I just started the book. Patterson is a great writer so I am sure I will have some 'awake'  hours after a good read.    That knocking on the door the ladies are talking about might just have me hiding under my covers.   Ah, what a good mystery does for the phys e..

So today make plans to visit a shut in.   Give a little of you, your sense of humor, your sense of love and laughter, your sense of sharing and caring.  We need folks just like you in our lives.  I sure am glad you are in mine.   We are going to share some time with some old friends of Christine tonight and meet them at Moon Doggies for one of their specials.   It will be fun to see John and Robin and share some laughs and hear all about their travels.    I may have a tale or two to tell.   Moon Doggies II is the local bar on the main street where everyone goes.   The folks that work there meet and greet you like you are a long lost relative and make sure you have that nice tall special beer of the day.   I don't drink beer, don't like the taste of it,but, there is nothing wrong with their hot coffee.   It is always fun to go there and I am looking forward to that special steak and baked potato.  Wish you were here to join us.   You will have to call a friend or two and make plans in your area....go, make a date and enjoy yourselves to  a bit of revelry and good food.   Share YOU with those you love and like.   Make your day bright and beautiful, just like you.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...