Friday, June 24, 2016

Three o' clock

A good idea and while you are at it, count your blessings.  Here it is three a.m. and I'm wide awake. . I'd go out on the balcony and count the stars but I might wake others up so I'll be good and wake you up instead...like I could....well I wont awaken you but I'll blog and think of you.

A truism.,....wow.....never thought about our food being a cause to end our lives when the truth of the matter is that we need the nourishment to keep our bodies going....well, not as much as we shovel in;  we could be a little less greedy and take good care of our bodies which , in turn, takes good care of us.

The lovely chrysanthemum  of peaches and creme colors;  how lovely.   

So I woke up at two thirty and thought I'd roll over and go back to sleep but my body seems to think it is time to get up.  No use fighting it, might as well do something than toss and turn so here I am.  I wont stay up, I'll go nap in my chair.  All I have to do is turn the TV on and hunker down in my chair and I'll be back to sleep in no time.   But, seeing I am awake right now I might as well put the brain to work and blog.  I can't think of another thing I'd rather do right now than visit with all of you.  I know, you are asleep, dreaming good dreams and without a care in the world but just think you will wake up to my usual gibberish and smile.

Vinnie was  a no show again yesterday so I called Pat and she picked me up and we went to the dollar store...Ah, big spenders.   I wasn't looking for anything special, just looking and I manage to find a few things to my liking.  I replenished my pink and white peppermints, a good treat to have on hand when you don't want to fill up on fattening candy or deserts.  A small mint melting in your mouth takes care of the desire for something sweet.  It works, try it.   I did buy a yellow jonquil flower with a lovely butterfly for my vase I picked up at the thrift store.  It's a little beauty and sits on my kitchen counter making a little dull spot shine.   It doesn't take much to brighten your abode, a few pictures you love, flowers make a room come alive, even the artificial ones.   So I have yellow jonquils with a colorful butterfly. My picture with the three kittens ready to pounce on that little green frog makes me smile.   Speaking of pictures, I had one that Christine gave me years ago and it hung on my wall for a long time.  It was a picture of a lady standing by a nickel machine and it looked more like my friend Gerry so I sent it on to her favorite niece who has it hanging in her living room and loves it.   I met the artist yesterday and she was happy to hear her painting is being enjoyed.  Christine and I went to Moon Doggie II for the steak special and I was delighted to find it just the right size and so tender.  It had been some time since I had a steak.    I had spent the afternoon with Pat watching the new episodes of "Cedar Cove" a series from our local writer, Debbie MaComber, who writes about folks in Port Orchard;  none we know of course....smile.  Daughter Patricia is so good about inviting me to see special shows she pulls up on Netflick.    I was surprised last evening to find one of the series on regular television so got to see part of the new season of "The Last Ship".   

So here it is a new day about to dawn, but not for awhile yet.    Sleep in, enjoy your snooze, and do have dreams to make your heart sing.   I am tempted to go put the coffee pot on, but if I do I would probably not go back to sleep.   So, I am off to read and hope that sends me back on the road to sleep.  Three twelve a.m. is not the time to start ones day.    So when you do wake up, plan to make your day special, like you.   Take a ride to the dollar store and see what you cannot do without.   Stop at a thrift store and see if you can find a treasure.   While you are at it, find a spot to have lunch out and treat yourself to something you haven't had in a long time.   A banana split comes to mind, or a hot fudge sundae.  How about a hot dog with all the trimmings . . whatever makes you happy.  Just remember to be good, be kind, be gentle and do some one thing that gives you a sense of pride in yourself.   Be a good neighbor.   Be a good friend.   Be a good YOU.  Hugs to all.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...