Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Mid week

When  you leave your door wide open unexpected visitors come in .    It looks like an overgrown peacock but it has a name and I think it was called a 'cassowary'  or something similar....I bet the folks let it amble out on its own.  


A picture of the artist Monet, a masterful artist . I think a black arm band signifies some one passed on.   There was no caption so we will have to Google and find out more about him.   

Here it is Wednesday, mid week, and the sun is shining, the weather heated up and reminds me of the coming days of summer .  I had the big fan out and going full blast to cool it off in my little studio apartment.    I also put a new puzzle on the puzzle board and it is going to be a tough one.  Of course, an easy one would not be a challenge.  You can stop by and find some pieces, I wont mind.
 
Vinnie and I had an hours read yesterday and the book is coming along slowly.    I have had a refresher course in the history of World War II and the read does not get easier as we have been reading about the holocaust and other facts of the horrors of war.    As a teen ager my biggest concern was stamps for sugar and I learned to drink my coffee black and never went back to cream and sugar.   It didn't make for saved calories as the jelly donuts made up for it.  We had no idea what was transpiring over seas;  no idea where our men were going when President Roosevelt finally decided we had to go over and help our allies survive.    We did and they did but at a huge cost.    War is hell with a capital H.  In those days it was the Jewish people that were the targets; in our world today it is Christians and ISIS wants us all to get off this planet.   So, although the author has a way with words, I am willing to skip a chapter or two on the horrors of war.    It is not an easy read.    I think next I'll check out a western or two or maybe find the old novel "Suds in Your Eye" about three ladies building a fence out of beer cans.
 
So often I repeat myself.  I think that goes with age.    I have some slow days when I stay put so I have little to tell you about.   Today, I am going birthday card hunting and lunch out.   I think we are going to one of my favorite spots...The Tea Room where the special is a cup of soup, a half sandwich of choice and a piece of crème pie.  They have all kinds of pies, but the crème pies are special;  a melt in your mouth pie that always leaves the plate spotless.    Come visit, I'll take you there.
 
So today check your calendar and find out who is having a birthday.   Go find some fun cards and get busy and mail them out.    If your birthday folks are close by, take them out for a special lunch and make sure they 'eat cake' , birthdays are calorie free days, didn't you know that?   It's true.   Be a companion today , a nice word, goes with hugs and soft words and a meeting of the mind.     I am sure YOU make the best companion ever and I wish I were close by to share some of your hugs today.   Verbal ones will have to do.    I'm waiting.   Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...