Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Year 2/29/16

Nevada has changed some since the good old days when the stage coaches used to have a rest stop.  There are still areas of desert to contend with and that longest road runs through them.

ha,ha,  food for thought.   

Teddy Roosevelt and John Muir, two men responsible for the making of our National Parks.   We have much to be thankful for.   Yellowstone is a favorite of mine, how about you?    There are many I have not visited but would if I could.  
Here it is the very last day of February, the leap year day, 29th, wont be back for another four years...um...where will I be?   Maybe out visiting the National Parks!!

We had a windy Sunday, a quiet day to get my grocery shopping done for the week and test out a big orange which I  had for breakfast, not too bad, for being  one of the specials this week.   I did buy bananas and the clerk was marking them down, or going to but said he didn't have the stickers ready and I was to tell the clerk that he said she could mark them down ....when I checked out I told her what he said and she did mark them down;  now that is trust...smile.  I wonder if that would work on a big steak!!

I did buy a little steak for a breakfast treat but being efficient I packaged it and put it in the freezer so now I have to plan and thaw. . . so a dropped egg isn't all bad.   Maybe I'll take it out and have it for my dinner.   I looked at lamb chops but the price has soared and I am not about to pay ten dollars for two tiny chops.   Some of the old depression habits remain.

There were only twelve folks up for dinner yest4erday.   Most go off to church and go out to eat.  Vinnie was a no show, just isn't feeling up to par these days.   He had a severe case of shingles and although they are dried up, the inner nerve pain stays.  I wish the experts would find a cure for the diseases that linger and cause such pain.   

I had my big X puzzle to do.   I've been doing that for over twenty five years.  My friend, Gerry and I used to buy  the 'rag' sheet every Friday and sit opposite each other and try and complete it.  Not an easy thing to do but we sure had a lot of fun trying to fill in the little blocks.    Sometimes we actually opened a dictionary but not until we couldn't think anymore.    I even gave up an invitation to keep Christine company at the Gallery.   Now that is something.    I like to go and keep her company and enjoy meeting and greeting all the folks who visit and enjoy the displays.    Did I get it all finished?   Nope!!  But I will try again today.  I think crossword puzzles keep the brain functioning and it does do a bit for the patience department as the brain refuses to cooperate and you know what the word is but it just wont come.    Like trying to think of John Muir's name to put with the picture this morning.   I had to go around and around before it finally came.

So  today, feed the brain.  I hear fish is good for it.    I wish Jock was visiting so he could cook up a big salmon for us; now that is brain food.    Maybe you should go fishing today and then you can cook up some brain food and be so smart I wont' be able to keep up with you.    If you do catch a fish, share, some folks rarely get to taste a good fresh fish for dinner.    Some wouldn't eat it if you paid them...smile.....I know a couple, come to think of it.

Be good, be smart, be careful, be all you can be.   Hug a friend . . hug a stranger and make him or her a friend......a soft word, a soft touch, be a softie today.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...