Sunday, February 21, 2016

Hunting

The caption . . moose hunting in Wisconsin.     Hey Jock, you had better stay away from Wisconsin. 

Here it is Sunday morning, a little after five a.m. and it is quiet inside and outside.    I finished the book about the old time story teller of Ireland and its history, well done and interesting.  I have started a new novel by Nevada Barr called "Flashback", but no reading time today as there is a play at Sydney Gallery.   A one man show, a former train conductor who is going to take us for a ride with ten stops.  Should be interesting.  I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

Meanwhile the sun broke out for a short time and brought some cold air with it.   Rain means warm;  dryness cold.  I'm hoping for something in between.   My girls went to Costco so I have more than enough groceries to feed an army.;...wish you were here.    I took them out for a Chinese dinner last evening to a restaurant overlooking the water.   The view was beautiful with mountains in the back ground with a touch of snow still on the tops.   It was quiet, no boats on the move.  I wish I cold tell you the name of the dish Christine orders as it is really filled with all kinds of vegetables and a sauce with a bit of a tang to it and not a lot of thin sliced beef, enough to let you know how tasty it can be.   I had a vegie dish and Pat ordered a noodle type dish so we shared and enjoyed the wondrous taste of Chinese cooking.    The Chinese cookies were fresh and the fortune saying missed the mark all around.    I was hoping for one that said I would travel. . . I wish . . . There are a few places and faces I wouldn't mind seeing all over again;  and a trip somewhere I have never been wouldn't be hard to take.   If only I didn't have to get up out of a chair......smile.
 
Here at Ridgemont it is quiet.   Reading with Vinnie is iffy . . . will he show up or not? . . . a man of moods?  yes!!  He just doesn't always feel good and he seems to be a sleeper.  A lot of the folks here are as they just don't feel good enough to want to get up and go anywhere.   Some do, but most are past the want stage and in the need stage.    Doris celebrated her 99th birthday and has a room filled with balloons and flowers.   She has been wined and dined for a week now and enjoyed every minute of it.   One of the men, I can never remember his name, just came back from a film festival and had a wonderful time.  He is shy and speaks softly or not at all so he is not going to share his away time with us.    He did say he has been attending the film festivals for over twenty five years, but he stopped there so we don't know what he saw but we do know he loved every minute of it.  Our one hundred year old Rose has been moved across the way where she will get more attention.   Not a word was said, all of a sudden her apartment is empty.  We have three new ladies  to get to know.   Marcia has sat at our table a couple of times now and Gladys seems to have gravitated to another area so it may be awhile before she gets to our end of the dining room.    Betty is 99 and a very slow mover;   smiling eyes and a lovely smile and I noticed she joined the table where there are three others her age.    So I find that I am too old for the younger crowd;   not old enough for the older crowed and ...what is that song???.....'something about Mr. In between...'.....  I'm enjoying Ginny who is talking a little bit more;  have three others who join us on occasion and love to talk.  Ginny rolls her eyes as she loves quiet.  
 
So today be a listener.    Take time to stop for a visit and give someone you love a hug and an ear.    Plan a lunch or dinner out soon, get out of the kitchen and give yourself a break.    Take your best friend to a special place where you can have a little of the bubbly and a good meal and a lot of quiet time to enjoy it.    No rush, no mess to clean up and no standing on your feet trying to decide what to cook and what to serve. . . a treat for you who deserves one.  Go.....enjoy yourself.  
 
Be good, be kind, be gentle. . . . one good deed, save a dog, save a cat, save a big Mac certificate for a lonely street person;  be a small miracle worker today.     Give big bear hugs . . .soft kisses and a light hand . . . yum. . . I'll take some of that.  Hugs to all.
PS - - - - A CATCH UP ON THE ABOVE PICTURE. . . SOME CLOWNS DECIDED TO TIE THE GUY ON THE ROOF;  DRIVER AND PASSENGERS PUT ON MOOSE HEADS;  RODE DOWN  A TOLL ROAD AND CAUSED SIXTEEN ACCIDENTS;  YES THEY WENT TO JAIL AND ALCOHOL RELATED AND AS THE LAST CAPTION SAID:  "YES, MEN CANNOT BE LEFT ALONE."  . . . HOW TRUE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...