Sunday, January 31, 2016

signs


A street sign with meaning...funny. 

I'll do my best to try and not complain. . . it can't be that hard. . . or is it?    Some days are better than others. . . some days are worse than others. . . .but the fact we have a day is what is really important...so....let's make the best of today and enjoy our seconds and be thankful that we can say 'top of the morning to you, and the rest of the day to yourself' and old Irish greeting.

The days go on and there is new growth the forest.   Winter is slowly making its way for a new spring.   Be patient, its on its way.

An act of kindness;   an act of love;    What a cutie.   

Here it is the last day of January already.  Depending on where you live, you can classify it as good, bad or indifferent.  We had rain and lots of it;  a day or two of real cold but for the most part not bad at all.  February is usually a winter month but we will have tow and find out what mother nature has in store for us.    For the folks in Brookings, I wish them a good day and pray for patience as they wait for the sink holes to be taken care of.  It is going to take patience, and a good heart to survive the long months of repair.    Friends have sent along some videos of the sink holes and it is a very scary sight.   It is a time to practice patience and give the workers a chance to make a new road they can travel on.   It is going to take time . . . so when you have to take the detours or have a traffic jam on going, offer your waiting time up and you will get a soul into heaven where they stand waiting for a good deed or two.     
 
I had a tea party yesterday.  Ron stopped in to say hello and Sue came in too.    We had a flowing conversation about many things including tales of some of the books we have read over the years.   Sue had just come back from the book sale and bought four books, a surprise as the deal was a bag full for $2.00.   I had been the day before so bought four hard backs to add to my collection.    I have already started "Ireland" which is a tale about the old story tellers who went from house to house looking for bed and breakfast and they repaid with a tale or two.   The first page was absolutely poetic, the start of a good read.   
 
Think that lent is about to start and what you can do to offer up to improve your self esteem and prepare for that wonderful Easter holiday on the horizon.  I am thinking of giving up sweets for lent.   Not easy to do, but a challenge of ones psyche.   I thought of coffee as that would really be  sacrifice, but I am a coward as coffee is what wakes me up.  I thought of bread which is one of my downfalls;  I love bread of all kinds.   But, I'm a coward. . . Never tried it. . . um. . . wonder if I could do it. . . having a sweet tooth is a challenge . . . so, I'll have to make my mind up and come up with a plan to survive the forty days of lent.   All I can tell you is when you do give up something you love and make it all the way to Easter Sunday, wow. . . you feel like you licked the world with one hand behind you.    Try it and see what and if you can do some one sacrifice of something you love for the forty days....guaranteed you will feel really good about yourself.
 
So, go....have a wonderful Sunday all day.    Be one of those folks everyone loves to see coming up the path way to the front door.    Put on the coffee or tea pot and throw a few goodies on a plate and sit back and enjoy your company.    Your friendship may go back for many a year, so reminisce and enjoy the trip on the road back to when you started your friendship.    For some it is a lifetime;  others a new experience, but which ever it is, enjoy each other and think about inviting in someone who could use a lift today.    Be an elevator and share the ups and downs of your lives;  who knows you might find the answer to a prayer or two.  Be good, be kind, be all you are meant to be.   Open those eyes and look around and find reasons to make someone you love and like smile today.   Hugs to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...