Saturday, January 30, 2016

Paint

I hope it is true as there a few of us around here who could use a memory boost.   It's on my list.   I'll have to Google and find out recipes it is used in the most.    Rosemary and thyme. . . didn't Simon and Garfunkel write a song with those words in it?    I think so.  

A lonely whale the size of a submarine.   

Hey Chris,   here is an idea of how to take care of the books.....I'm working on it, have replaced ten hardbacks , and I wasn't going to buy anymore books....well a bag sale at St. Vincent's is hard to pass up.

Must be someone who loves riding in planes, or wants to....

ha, ha,   explain how one would get that size truck in a two car garage....with a lot of paint...yeah!!

It is a novel idea to paint the garage door, but it is a little too much for my taste.    There were others with Christmas scenes and other scenes, a lot of talent, a lot of paint, a lot of show.  I was lucky I could open the garage door.

So here it is Saturday morning and we are within the confines of our weekend.   My girls are going on a Costco run today and I gave in my list which made me laugh out loud.    As I edge towards ninety two , not too many months away, I find my list stays pretty stagnant.   Depends top the list, heaven forbid I should run out;   prunes comes next;  a necessity along with a fig or two;   Kleenex, t.p. and finally the good stuff. . . applesauce,   Valentine candy, and a few special sharing items  my girls are very generous with.     As daughter Patricia would say, "too much information for my mind"   but I thought you might like to make a list and hide it away so you will be prepared when you need it.  I am just good about sharing and caring....and hopefully making you laugh out loud today.
 
How sad to see the videos and the news of the sink holes in Brookings.    A friend called to tell me about it and it seems that there is another sink hole forming behind one of the stores in the shopping area where there is a culvert.   it is going to take millions to find and fix this dilemma  and high future taxes on homes down the road.    there was one large sink hole in front of the  City Hall just a year or so ago;  now two within a month and another forming.   The old pipes have rusted out and once again nature shows who is boss.    We fought for years over the ditch in the back of our property.   The builder and the city folks got together and put in a ditch along the back of the properties and made the buyers responsible for the upkeep.  We all know how that works...some do...some don't....and city hall refuses to work with the owners to stop an event that will eventually happen..    I probably wont be around to say "I told you so" but you can bet if I'm looking down I'll be smiling;  same if I'm looking up although down is more to my taste.
 
Here at Ridgemont it was quiet yesterday.    We finally heard from one of Don's friends that he had to be operated on because of the fall he had when out banking and hit his head on the concrete floor.   He didn't think much of it at the time, but later medics were called in and he was rushed to the hospital and operated on.    Say a prayer for him.  He is one of the good guys.  Doris is going to celebrate her 99th birthday on the 17th;  she's our baker and is making muffins this morning.  She is a tiny petite lady with a lovely smile;  great disposition and so thoughtful of everyone.    she is in great condition and will make a hundred easily.    she came to visit me last evening, a nice surprise and went home with a tin of cookies she didn't have to bake.    As I often tell you, sharing is caring and it really is a two way street.   Try it today and see what happens in your neighborhood.
 
So here you have a whole weekend to do what YOU want to do. . . Make it a special one and keep in mind that there are folks that love you more than life itself and all they want is a word from you;  a touch;  a hug;  and most of all a few minutes of your time.    Be generous, be sweet, be loving, be YOU.   Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...