Sunday, July 23, 2017

Hungry

You can try for a perfectly shaped carrot but don't be disappointed when you get a fancy character;  a space man . . .a dancer . . . old cabbage head himself!!
I heard that some corn beef is cooking at Pat's house. . . maybe we should just drop bye!!
Angels in the sky....yes....one of our lovely ladies has passed on ...Betty with the smiling eyes and open friendliness that reached each of us.   We will miss her.    It is a small tight community and the loss is dearly felt.  

So here it is Sunday all day.....how did it get here so fast?   One minute it is Monday and then it is Sunday all over again...where does time go?   Why is it in such a rush?   For some it drags, but for others it is like a lightening streak which comes and goes in seconds.    We all have our busy days and they rush bye and we don't give it much thought....then it is a weekend again and we wonder where did the time go...why does it seem to be in such a hurry for some and drag so for others.....we will have to give some thought to time as it doesn't stand still for anyone.

My week was a quiet and a good one.   I had a few outings and I had some good "in" time.  I always enjoy a visitor or two and having a little tea party is always fun.   I am out of goodies again so I'll have to ask the girls to add some special cookies to their list ....but what kind?   Um.....they have good taste so I'll let them choose.    It is quiet outside my widow, cars are parked, shades are still down in the hospital wing.   No one is about, quiet prevails ...silence.  Silence makes for thinking, sometimes deep thoughts, sometimes silly ones, but the mind is always ready and able to produce a full production for us.    When I sit here at the computer early of a morning, the trees are plentiful and not a leaf is stirring, no breeze of any kind this morning.  Some mornings it is like a hurricane when the wind is up and everything is on the move.   At this age, one has time to look over the bushes and the trees and actually see and feel the change of season.  I am smiling, it is not the age, it is the time we choose to give it that makes us aware of what is really going on around us.   So, I am off to celebrate a new day.    I made no plans so cannot be disappointed...but I am willing to make plans...wish YOU were close bye to come and visit;  take me out and walk by the water;   look at the boats in the bay;   stop for fish and chips a bit later in the day;   just a hug and a visit and all is right in your world.   So make things happen today...only YOU can.    I'm off to have a refill of my coffee, turn on the news and find out what has gone on in the night.   Sunday is prayer day so be sure and offer up a small one for me...thanks.....I'll do the same.  Meanwhile.....go.....have yourself a good day all day.    Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...