Sunday, June 18, 2017

A New Morning. . .

Words to think about . . . live and learn!!

A new morning, cloudy out there, only a couple of workers parked out in the lot this early in the morning.  The lot will fill up soon enough and a new day begins.    Right now the sky is 'muddy' looking, might rain, that kind of a sky....overcast but it is very early so the day may be different later, didn't hear or see a forecast on the television so have no idea what kind of a day I am in for.   Yesterday was one of those quiet days at Ridgemont, but a couple of visitors made the smiles appear.    Vinnie came for a visit and brought some of his magazines so I have some new reading material.    I only had a few candies in the dish so I have to go shopping so I can keep the 'crew' well fed...smile.    After lunch yesterday Doris and I joined Lois in her apartment for a gab fest.   We did discuss one of our troublemakers but decided not to waste time and energy on something you can do little about...ignoring does work somewhat and we master that art real well.    Some folks are never happy unless they are creating 'in-harmony' so it is best to love them and leave them to their own company.....lets face it some folks never grow up.

We did have a nice visit and I heard all about the last trip the group went on.   I didn't go as I had made other plans and was not free to join them.   It sounded like they had a great time and enjoyed a museum.   They had lunch out and that is always good;  you get to order what you like best....most get a big milk shake then a sandwich ...seems like a lot of calories, but then I am not a lover of milk shakes....I would prefer a sundae or a banana split...remember those?    And you wondered where I got this figure.....I didn't say what kind...and you can't either...smile!!

So with rainy days, I find it best to hunker down with Clive  Cussler and one of his novels....off hunting treasure somewhere exotic.   I think we are in for one of 'those' days today and I am in the middle of a great story so you know where I will be and what I will be doing most of today.  First a few chores, the refrigerator needs some cleaning out;  where do all those left overs come from???  I think I eat everything in sight but I gather from the looks of the little covered dishes my appetite was not all that good.    I don't know why we keep left overs;  maybe to keep in the practice of throwing things out....food does not last forever.....and what does get put away ...gets thrown away.....it loses something in the 'keeping' department.  smile!!

Have a great day doing what you love to do best.   Don't forget hugs....lots of them...pass them around like favorite bonbons.   Keep one or two for yourself and enjoy.....chocolates make us human....a bit more than we like, but what would we do without chocolates in our lives....hope we never find out...go...enjoy ....make your day a good day...all day!!  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...