Saturday, May 13, 2017

Color!

I hope today is a sunshine day in your life, filled with lots of flowers and butterflies.
Look closely and find a treasure in your garden today.
Color;   Hope color is a big part of your day today.


Last evening I was at the Gallery with some lovely folks and we were coloring.  The books and pictures were laid out for us to choose the one we wanted to color , the crayons were plentiful and not many showed, so they, who did not come, missed out on a fun evening.   I chose a picture that had three strips which would make into book marks so I had my work cut out for me to get them all finished and I have to tell you I did.  I did a great job even if I do say so myself.   Christine colored in a lovely elephant everyone admired.  She did a great job making 'phycodilic' beautiful.   Only eight showed up to color and partake of the lovely food trays.   Wine and beer were on the table and the coffee was brewed and hot.   Good folks, good evening and fun.   It is amazing what a little coloring can do for your disposition.    The more you color the happier you become.  There is something about working with color that makes you feel so much better.    My table partner was a hummer and the more she colored the more she hummed...yes she turned out a masterpiece...smile.
I have no idea why some of the Gallery folks did not show as they would have had a great time.  We had good folks there and the table was spread with all kinds of good things to nibble on.  The bar was set up so a libation or two was there for the offering...smile.     So, if you find yourself bored on a rainy night, think coloring, something you did a long time ago. It is just never to late to color, age has nothing to do with it, but the spirit rises to the occasion and you get lost in a world of color and fun.   Speaking of color, the flowers Jock sent are here on my desk in glorious color;  they make me smile....thank you Jock for such a lovely gift.  I was thinking ninety-three;  a good age to be;   new body parts and a mind would help, but one cannot last forever so I'll be thankful for what I do have and celebrate.   Time is only numbers;  it is what you do with it that counts...and today I am going to celebrate being as old as Methuselah and do a bit of dancing around the living room.....sure, you can join me, the door is open.

I caught up with all my household chores yesterday so have a free day today.   Now, if I can get the girls to get up and out I'll have it made.   It is going to be a rainy day and right now it is clear and not a leaf of a tree is moving.  I am going to go for a refill, turn on TV for some news and of course a peek at a cowboy show or two.....it is Saturday, all day,  so hunker down for awhile and enjoy the peace and quiet of a Saturday morning.    Meanwhile, plot and plan something to do later, maybe a few ribs on the grill would be good...I'd eat those....bet you would too.    So be good...be kind....be an example....a good one....one who makes others smile.    Go.....shine!!!  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...