Saturday, April 22, 2017

Saturday!














Beauty is in the 'eye' of the beholder . . . a good eye . . . in fact a beautiful eye.  The center piece of life.   It is Saturday morning, very , very, early in the morning.  It is pitch black out side , the outside light is on over at the hospital wing, the shades are drawn and no lights within....it is very early...stillness.....black and dark out there....and here I am sitting under a bright lamp trying to think of what to say that you might be interested in......my brain is still asleep.....my fingers are all over the key board and my coffee is not ready yet....wait a minute or two until I have my first sip and then maybe I can wake up and blog ....or not...smile.....

My thoughts are to quit blogging as I have no new news or anything interesting to write about.    I have a new book to start, John Grisham's "The Confession", and the only thing that happened yesterday was a meeting upstairs in the 'mess hall' . . . a long meeting of dos and donts and how to prepare for an emergency.  

The day was saved as Patricia invited me over for dinner.  She is so organized.  The table was set and we had a platter of old fashioned hot dogs, lots of sweet crunchy onions topped off with good conversation and news of the upcoming Gallery events.  Christine tells us that the summer solstice is the theme so we will have to deal with fairies and flowers . . . um. . . that should be easy.  I have reached the age where I have become repetitive...'old folks are like that'....the brain idles, like an old car, and you have to allow for 'repeats'.  Don't be too hard on us old folks as you are following close behind.   You don't always think of that, but if the truth be known, you are entering the age of indifference;  an age where words and deeds happen and you have no idea how they came about...well,you do, but you don't admit it...smile.

I am off for a coffee refill.  I have hopes of a ride out today, maybe to Manchester and back.   Fish and Chips would make a good brunch, lunch or dinner....I don't mind treating as the girls use up a lot of cash filling the tank to get us where we need to go.   A lovely ride, probably twenty minutes away.  Getting out and about is healthy . . . well, it really is....a little fresh air changes the 'attitude'.  So....put on your shoes, call a friend,   get in the car and go for a ride to your fish and chip place, or a hamburger if you prefer.    Getting out and about keeps the mind alive and active.    But....if that doesn't suit you and you prefer to stay put....grab a good book and hunker down and be content.

Today is a good day to 'hunker';  a good day to be good to YOU;    a good day to relax after a week of hard work and fulfilling all the duties one has on their plate every day.    It takes energy to be a good friend, a listener, a hugger, busy and useful all at the same time.    We are jugglers . . . and good ones, you know...'practice makes perfect' and we have a lot of practice behind us.   Go....be a hugger....be YOU.....be someone who brings love and laughter into your life and others as well.  Be YOU....the one who makes everyone smile when you walk into a room.    HUGS to ALL!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...