Monday, February 20, 2017

Old and New!

A favorite picture of me and grandson Mason when he was just a little guy;   my that was some years ago...smile.    I still have that basket and still use it.    February is birthday month for my grandson and he has come a long way....Happy Birthday Mason..   I love you, more every day.

Granddaughter Erin in her booth.  She is a wedding planner;  a photographer; and she set up her booth and had a lot of folks stop by to find out what she is all about.   She knows her' stuff' and hopefully she will get some orders for some photographs and become 'known';  she is that good..honest, not just because she is my granddaughter...smile.

Linticular clouds at their best.  How truly beautiful they are.    This combination is a busy one.   Reminds me of stacks of bowls.

The 100 birthday party was a huge success.  Doris looked beautiful and her children did an excellent job of of hosting and toasting her.   I'd say a good two hundred showed and the huge party room at the gold course building was set up with lovely large round tables and a huge long buffet table filled with all kinds of tasty treats.   I wish I had taken a picture of the cup cakes which were almost big enough to be called a cake.    We met some nice folks and enjoyed some conversation about Port Orchard and the folks who have lived here forever.    Nice people, friendly and old neighbors of Doris as our Christine was.    They had a lot to talk about.   I think everyone had a great time and Doris just beamed.

As we age, we seem to become more forgetful.  I would say it goes with the territory, no one wants to admit a lapse in memory circles but I can tell you they are becoming a new life style for me.  I'd forget my name if I didn't hear someone call me..smile.     I did go shopping, grocery shopping, yesterday, and I did remember all of the things I wanted to buy for the week.    BUT!!!! I forgot bread, of all things...and although we do not live by bread alone, it sure comes in handy for morning toast.    Guess I'll have to make some pan cakes this morning.  You could join me if you were closer.

I opened the blinds and I would say we are in for a wet day today.     We had a little rain yesterday so I guess it has decided to stay on.   I was not planning on going anywhere so it is okay.    I will plan a hallway walk today and maybe do all three floors.     There is an exercise room with machines to use so I could try a few of those...or not...smile.....a lazy Sunday will be a good thing.....and a good hot breakfast will be tasty so I think I'll go and make a pancake...or two.... and open the other eye.  It must be four thirty in the morning by now;  seems I've been writing for awhile.     I'll know for sure when I open the other eye.    Have yourself a wonderful day doing what you like to do best.    Be YOU and enjoy the day.  Hugs to all.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...