Saturday, October 29, 2016

Special Dinner Out!!

Looks Good Enough To Eat!!!

Christine, Fred and Bec.    A good time was had by all at the auction dinner last evening.  I was invited but didn't go.    It is a yearly dinner affair with all of the auction fun and the food is always tasty.   The ticket price was up this year, fifty dollars a head, pretty steep even for a good cause.   

Ha, ha,  don't we all???

Saturday morning.    The weekend is here to enjoy.   What are you going to do with it?   I am going grocery shopping as my refrigerator is empty, a good time to defrost it.    I finished up the raisin bread and it was delicious but I think I'll try a rye this time.   The age old problem, what to have for suppers this week.   As you know and have heard my uncomplimentary words for commercial food, I cook up a breakfast or a dinner here in the apartment.    I am back to the "what shall I have to eat?" There seems to be something going on with our food chain as the food doesn't keep well at all.  The old habit of buying for the week has had to change.   Picking out a few items for a day or two and then go shop again.  That one meal a day here should be sufficient but there are days you wouldn't give the left overs to your dog or cat....and if it is really good then there are no left overs and you are back to making that shopping list to fit a 'decent' meal in.    At this age I should be eating a lot less but my body and brain doesn't agree.    Food is my fuel and that is what keeps the body healthy...but...not wealthy or wise...smile.

Yesterday was my chore day so I was busy.   I took time out to read some of the magazines Vinnie brought down    He must get a dozen different ones and when he finds something he thinks is interesting he makes sure to share it.   Yesterday he was all excited about an article on Mars. It looks like a good read and the pictures are great.   I will have to spend a little time and read more of it today.   The catalogs are coming in for Christmas and that takes time to peruse as well.    

When I got up to the lunch room yesterday my usual seat was occupied so I went over to sit with Larry, Vinnie and Hugh and listened to the banter between the 'guys'.   Vinnie loves to tease and he was giving Hugh a bad time.   Both Hugh and Larry are as deaf as they can be so a lot of what Vinnie said went over their heads.    If there was a cupcake war, Vinnie would win, he has a sweet tooth and had a couple lined up to take back to his apartment.   He is quite vain and doesn't want to gain weight yet he cannot leave sweets alone.    One would be sufficient but not for Vinnie, he had two lined up and was eyeing the one I didn't want ..but...I gave it to Hugh.  smile.

The rest of the day was relaxing. it  is laundry day for me and sprucing up the apartment.   Gina came in to do her usual lick and a promise.   The two young ladies have forty five apartments to clean so they really do not spend much time or effort .  I have a studio apartment so keep it neat and tidy.  They have little to do.  If I bought a mop and a broom they wouldn't have to bother at all. 
They vacuum around the middle'' . . . smile.  

I hope to see my two daughters today.  Chris went to the auction dinner last evening and I wonder if she won any of the bids on the small bidding items.    I doubt she bid on the huge items...that's for the big wigs who attend every year.   Sometimes they bid heavy on the vacation packages.  The usual last cake auction is always fun to watch as the folks vie for the best deserts.   Sometimes the bid goes up to twenty five or fifty dollars and the cake is shared at the table.  Christine won the bid one year and it was a huge chocolate cake that was delicious but oh so sweet with the frosting a couple of inches thick.   Well, the affair is always a huge success and the money goes back into the community doing a lot of good.

So today, if you have a chance to attend one of those affairs...go, and help to make your community better.    It is a good deed.    Stay healthy, wealthy and wise. . . share you with those you like and love.    Plan a day that makes you smile.    Don't forget, be good, be gentle, be kind and pass out at least a dozen hugs today.     I'll take a verbal one.      Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...