Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Puzzle

One of my favorite pictures.   We had a tiny bird flying around the corridors yesterday in no hurry to get outside again.   It flitted and fluttered all around the activity room and down the corridor before deciding to take wing and go back out in the sunshine.
A finished puzzle from some time ago;  beautiful daisies;  a favorite flower.   I see pictures at the Gallery just like this and the artists do a great job.   I should have glued this one together as I cannot afford the ones on the Gallery wall.    There is something about daisies that make the heart feel good.  

Tuesday and the week goes along as it should.    Yesterday I was invited to Patricia's home to watch Netflick and the "Madame Secretary" series which, by the way, is well done and very interesting.  The season finished so I have to wait for a new season.    Pat made a special lasagna that made the appetite sit up and take notice.  Delicious and healthy.  She is always looking for dishes that are healthy and weaves a bit of magic in her cooking.    My daughter is very protective of me and usually has me sit quietly with a cup of tea, but . . . yesterday I took myself for a walk out in her back yard and I got to water her gardens, pick up some fallen plumbs and be useful for a change.   I keep telling her I wont break and actually can still be useful.    It is the exercise that keeps the body going.  We old timers just don't move as fast as we used to.    Christine made a lovely salad and of course the crusty bread was there for the asking.    I love bread, especially that crusty kind, then top it off with a nice Merlot and all is right with the world.

Coffee is ready and so am I, so off I go to tackle the closet today.   I talked about it the other day but did nothing . . . now comes the task of doing away with some of the old clothing that is thread bare yet hard to throw away.  It sill fits...it still brings back a memory or two of some good times, but it really is worn out and should be allowed a soft demise.  One more wearing will not do . . .out. . . now to make room for some spot free tops.   If you haven't worn it in a year or more it is time for it to be tossed . . .um. . . easier said than done.   It is that time of year.  It is time to take out the winter clothing and hang it up.    I'm laughing as I wear the same things all year round;  who am I kidding about seasonal change;  sweat shirts work all year round, not fancy, not pretty, but oh so comfortable.    I miss my fancy ones with the pretty designs on them.  I wonder where that box went to when I moved.    I seem to have lost or misplaced a couple of boxes of favorite things.   I hope they found good homes.    

I am off to have my  coffee.  If you were here I'd pour you a cup.    There is a bagel with my name on it and some delicious grape jelly the girls made last week.   Go, have a spectacular day and do something you have been wanting to do.   Be sure you are good, kind, gentle and loving so those around you will benefit from all your good deeds today.    Go rake some leaves.    Be that one special person that brings joy and a hug or two.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...