Sunday, September 25, 2016

A Tree


I am not sure why, but it is called the angel tree...angle would be more like it.   It is fabulous,
 I'd like one in my back yard, if I had one...smile.    There are trees here on this property but nothing like this one,  pines of all sizes seem to be the choice.  I love this one. It has character.  It has a big story to tell . . . so ancient, so worldly, so magnificent.  Be sure you stop to enjoy all the hidden treasures within its branches.

The yard sale was yesterday, all day, and after a slow start folks began to come out to enjoy what turned out to be a very beautiful Fall day.   It was like old times, greeting folks from the neighborhood and meeting some of the town folks as well.   There were a lot of folks that were looking for a special treasure and some who were happy to discover some lovely odds and ends to buy.   We had several compliments on our 'store' and the quality of our merchandise...smile.   I am sure Patricia, Erin and Christine were exhausted by days end as they really worked hard to put on a clean and organized yard sale.   I enjoyed greeting the folks and was an 'ear' for a couple of folks who had nothing better to do than stop and talk and talk and talk.    I still do not understand the folks that insist on bringing their dogs along, but they do.    We only had a couple of little ones and the rag dolls got a lot of attention as well as those little tiny wind up toys that make you laugh out loud.   I am for having one more half price sale and get rid of the rest of the 'stuff' but I don't think I can talk the ladies into it.   
 It is pitch black outside right now, don't think it is much after six a.m. and the workers are parking their cars getting ready for another work day.    You can tell the change in our weather as it gets dark much earlier and the early mornings are pitch black.  Winter is coming.

I have changed out my drapes and the winter ones are up.  It makes for a darker apartment.   The cooler is off for the winter and the fans put away.    I am trying to figure away to change the furniture around for the winter.    Not much I can do really but a change always makes me feel good.    I brought the rocking chair in from the  porch , now to find a nice new pillow for it.    It is low....hard to get out of, well you wouldn't understand that as you haven't reached that age yet.  BUT, let me give you fair warning, keep practicing getting up and down without the use of your hands and make your leg muscles stronger.   There will come a day.....well, you really don't want to hear about that...smile.

So today, have a Sunday to relax and enjoy.    Rest day , as it should be.    Plan a light meal then you can have a special desert;  maybe a root beer float would be in order.    I'm thinking a hot fudge sundae...um....why not?

Be a fun person today and make those you like and love smile a lot.    Get out the old records and play them.    The girls are still talking about the concert they went to the other night and the music.....ah music....how much life and love it brings into our lives.    Can't sing?   Sure you can....okay then....if you really can't carry a tune...HUM....it sounds good and it does lift the spirit.  

Be good, be kind, be gentle and share at least a dozen hugs today.   Share YOU with those you love and like.   Hugs to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...