Monday, September 26, 2016

A New Week

And you thought I got all dressed up to say good morning to you . . .


Good morning.  It is Monday morning and it is after six a.m. and my coffee cup is refilled and I am ready to say good morning...I think.....maybe a few more sips and I'll be ready.    I actually  had to put the air conditioner on last night as it got to be almost 80 in the apartment.   The longer the day went the hotter it got . . . go figure!!   Vinnie came down to borrow a stamp and stayed on to put some pieces in the puzzle.   I think he gets lonely.   I found some of the little cars that are collectible and brought them to him from the yard sale so he was like a kid in a candy shop.  He collects little cars, but not that little.  Now he can look for a few of the smaller ones as these were all racers.  He did find a button to push and the little cars took off like a shot.   I can see him having races on his table...smile.   We are reading some Western short stories by Louis Lamour and they are excellent.  What a writer.   An author with a way with words.

Other than that it was very quiet around here in Ridgemont.    I did get to go grocery shopping and walked Freddy's aisles.  I remembered most of what I needed but forgot half of what I wanted but that is what happens when you leave your shopping list on the table.    Of course I did not forget the most important buys, like cookies and coffee, why you can live forever on those two things.    I replenished my eggs and forgot the flour.    I did buy some lean bacon and plan a blt for my treat today.   One never tires of a BLT.....such flavor....especially when you have real true garden tomatoes to work with.    Well, I really am not hard to please, no matter what my girls tell you.   

So hopefully you have tomatoes growing in your garden and will choose a nice big red one and fix yourself a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich for your lunch.  Don't forget to add some chips....aha, that is what I forgot....and a juicy pickle...forgot those too.....guess it is time to take my list with me and not leave it on the table when I walk on the door.    Live and learn.....

So if you are shopping today don't forget to take  your list with you, or you will leave all the good stuff behind.    Come to think of it I forgot to buy grapes;  guess I will have to go back and do a little more shopping.

Make the beginning of your new week special, like you, and think of the wondrous deeds you can accomplish before the week is over.    Catch up on the Fall chores and get ready for over powering your family and friends with all the love you feel for them.    Start with kind words, open up those arms and have a walk in hug or two, and do smile a bit as it really does't do any harm.  BE YOU and SHINE.   Hugs to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...