Friday, July 22, 2016

Week ending

My favorite chair, My best snooze . . . AAH!!!
Peace, Serenity after the storm. . . reflections. . .

The thunder roared in the middle of the night, enough to wake me up and listen for a second or two.   The roads are wet this morning, the cars are all parked and quiet prevails.   Another Friday and a weekend coming up.   I spent a lovely day with daughter Patricia going for a drive down to Manchester, one of our favorite rides.  I did take my camera and I do have pictures to show you once I learn how to put them on this new laptop.   It should be easy but I am going to need some help as I am not finding my way around the right spots to put them on.    The lady at the only restaurant there greeted us like long lost friends.  It was early so the breakfast menu worked just fine and they had biscuits and gravy that tasted very good.    The library was closed and there are not many shops there so we didn't stay long.  It is just a lovely ride there and back.

I took a walk around Pat's yard and visited the garden boxes.  She has done a tremendous job and everything is growing and producing.  I brought home some lovely fresh beets to cook up, one of my favorites and they were delicious.   The tiny grape tomatoes are delicious too.    Pat has become quite the gardener and loves it.    She has a daily fight with the winged creatures that want to beat her to her produce.    The birds are fighting for her blueberries and her grapes.   

Laundry day today so I'll be busy.    I think later I have a date with the girls and we are going out for a treat.  Christine has been really busy this week and we have not seen much of her.   It seems the more she does the more she gets to do.    She is happiest when busiest, we all know that one.   But, there comes a time in the week we have to alert her to the gap in our time and that means she has to make room for us as we tell her all business and no play makes for a dull companion.   She just laughs and says 'yes' to one more job that needs doing.    She delegates well , I might add, and we find ourselves busy too.   

So today, be busy, find things that need doing and get them all done.   You can rest for the rest of the weekend and get out and about doing the things you love to do.    Take your 'buggy' for a ride.  Find a country road to ride on.   Find an out of the way spot that will leave you feeling rested and content.    Treat yourself to time away from your work area.   Rest is good for the soul, and the body appreciates a little time out.    Be good to you so you can stay healthy, wealthy and wise.    Be a winner.    You really are you know.  Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...