Sunday, July 24, 2016

Church Day

Harry Belafonte comes to mind with his rendition of 'Yellow Bird"   
I did treat the 'girls' to a pizza dinner tonight with salad;  not like this one, but close..smile.
The Passion Flower, lovely to look at, delightful to own.


Hello, Sunday morning and it is quiet out there in the parking lot already filled with worker's cars,    I notice they do not park in the same spot so it is first come, first served.    I think we are going to see the sunshine today. It has been awhile.  Weather here is usually overcast which keeps us cool so we are not complaining.  Here at Ridgemont quiet prevails.  The inspection by HUD is over but no results.  I am sure they found everything to their satisfaction.   I had put the pan on for the last of the pancake batter , got busy and have an apartment filled with smoke, no alarm which means the new system is working better and the fan is on and door open so it should dissipate soon.    I know better but forget I cannot blog and cook at the same time.  I used up the last of Jock's blueberries.  I hope he is growing a banner crop for next season as they truly are delicious, so big and beautiful and tasty.   

Pat just stopped in with some coffee filters for me.  I ran out.   I never run out of coffee filters, but I did...getting forgetful in my dotage and they were on my grocery list.  She and Emma are heading for the park so Emma can run.   If you asked Emma she would say she would rather stay right here and be petted.   She is a wonderful dog, gorgeous eyes, sweet disposition and loves to be loved....like others I know ....smile.

I have some lovely flowers from Pat's yard so had to give them some attention this morning.   They brighten a room and makes you wonder how truly miraculous they are, truly beautiful and warm the very soul.Yellow gladiola and white mums, a lovely combination.

So today, take a walk around your flower beds and pick out some lovely flowers to brighten your room.    Share some with a neighbor who does't have any and make their day brighter and lighter.    If you have some to spare, take a bouquet to the church and place them on the alter where everyone can enjoy them.   They truly are miracles of God.   Take time to really look at a flower. . . it is awesome.

The smoke is gone.  The eyes are still teary . . . I'm off to get dressed and go for a walk around the block.   It is much too nice a morning to waste indoors.    So open your blinds , check your weather, and if it is nice as ours here in the Northwest, then put on your shoes and go for a walk.    Put a smile on your face, a welcome in your eyes and greet your neighbors and indulge in a bit of over the fence chatter.     Be good, be kind, be gentle.     Be a good neighbor, a friendly one, one who brings a little love and laughter with them.     You will make someone person happy you are in their lives.  I am happy to have you in mine even if I don't get to see you or visit with you;   YOU are a giver of words that have a lot of loving meaning to them, so keep up your good deeds and words and send a little love this way.     Hugs to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...