Wednesday, June 15, 2016

High Tea

The Theme- Pooh Bear

One of the volunteer tea pourers

The table settings

The Gallery set up for High Tea

Welcoming flowers on the front entrance way

One of the lovely teen princesses serving some tasty treats.   Yes, that is me I the background with Doris and Aggie.

I forgot my camera but Sally did not and she came up with all of these pictures of the High Tea.   There are two teas a year, the next one will be the Christmas Tea and a new theme will be chosen.   The members will get together and help to make whatever is decided for the tables, tickets will be sold, the tables will be set up, the doors will open and all will gather to have  great treats and good companionship.   A great way to spend an afternoon.
I gave myself an expensive treat yesterday and made it to the beauty shop for a hair cut.  The last few cuts at the el-cheapo beauty salon  left my hair standing on ends so I thought I'd better find an expert to give me a good cut.   Amanda is a young beautician and I learned that she has been a beautician for eight years.  She originally wanted to be a policewoman but it didn't work out so she went to beauty school.  I think she said she had 'fessed up' at the interview that she had tried pot once, so she was out before she could get in.   She loves being a beautician .  She is going on a trip to England and Ireland is all excited.   She is partially deaf and doesn't practice her sign language but her mother and grandmother are very good at it.   She has wonderful hand and the shampoo was heaven, such a treat to have someone give you a shampoo, a very relaxing treat.   She snipped, cut, primped, teased my hair into a fancy hairdo which looked elegant but not me and you know the shower this morning will give an end to all that primping.   The salon was huge, five chairs or stations I think they are called.  Each beautician was as different as day to night.   One large woman with tattoos;  one tiny woman with no good feet covering and I wanted to tell her she would be sorry down the road.   One beautician who takes her makeup seriously and loved eye shadow.   A busy salon and all hard workers.   They were having a bad day with the machines not working properly so were happy to take a check or cash.    Forty dollars plus a tip is a high price to pay according to me and one I can't do ,or wont do often.   Once every five years is enough.  I miss Gina, my lady barber in Brookings who really new how to cut hair.

So today, treat yourself to a new hairdo.   Enjoy being pampered for a day.    It feels so good.   You deserve a little pampering, we all do.    Stop and have lunch out and make a day of it.   Enjoy a trip around the thrift shop and see if you can find a treasure.   Whatever you choose to do today make sure you do it with gusto...be gutsy...be wonderful....be YOU.  Hugs to all.

P.S.   Thinking Flag Day was yesterday and not a mention anywhere. . . did I miss something?   Our flag is important to each and every one of us. . . so belated Happy  FLAG Day!!!   Nope, I didn't put mine out either . . . out of sight . . .out of mind. . . now that is scary.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...