Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Good Morning

The lovely yellow tulips.   Sunshine.    Summer.   How lucky we are.

  1. A storm went through last night complete with thunder, but didn't last very long.   I had visions of a huge storm but that was not to be the case;  just a little one that passed over quickly.  I think I was disappointed as I had not heard thunder in some time and thought I was in for a good old fashioned summer storm.  

I am not sure I am going to be able to blog for long this morning as the screen seems to have a life of its own.   I am typing away and it is rolling up and down and a little sign is coming up in the right corner of the computer telling me to complain to Google.   I'd like to complain to Google but it wouldn't do much good.   This is Christine's old computer and I am hoping it does the trick but I have a feeling we will be computer shopping before the week is over.   The jumping screen is a bit exasperating.  Did you tune in to hear my complaints???  I bet not.   Sorry about that, it isn't much fun to have computer problems you cannot fix on your own.  I am just not computer savvy , next time around I'll pay more attention.

A twenty minute ride over a busy highway takes us to Tacoma a sizable city where there is a huge shopping mall.  It took a little while to find the SAS shoe store but Christine is a whiz.   The clerk was waiting on a customer and we had a chance to browse.  The shoes have changed in design and colors but I tend to stick to the same comfortable style they have carried for over thirty years.    A good walking shoe, a good balance, and the size of a battleship.   Christine thought I should buy two pair but at the new prices I am lucky to buy one pair.    Makes me wonder how come shoes cost so much.  I know there is a big mark up.   So, I have new shoes and all I have to do is put them to good use and take a hike around.   We had lunch at the Olive Garden which was a treat.  I haven't been to one of those in some time.   The soup and salad and breadsticks were delicious.

I did better than I expected to do with the rolling of the screen and the lack of lots of words to share this morning.   I finished the book I was reading to Vinnie and gave him a break for a bit.    We have several new ladies who have taken up residence here at Ridgemont and all seem to be very friendly.   Jan is back from the hospital and looks thinner and healthy.  We were all glad to see her.   Ron stopped in for a visit yesterday which was a nice surprise.  He brought along his latest copy of a History magazine he gets.  The pictures and stories looked very interesting.   I think son Michael would enjoy reading it and I may sign him up for his birthday gift this year.   

So I am going to love you and leave you as the screen is jumping like crazy.   I am going to wish you a day filled with love and laughter.   Be good, be kind, be gentle and share YOU with those you like and love.    Be lucky today and find a four leaf clover .   Share YOU with those you  love and like.    One or two or even three good deeds today;  make someone smile.  Cook up a special dish to share .   Christine made a manacotti and brought some over for my dinner tonight.   I don't have to cook...smile.   I did go grocery shopping yesterday so have some 'good' things to eat up.  Come by and I'll share.   Hugs to all.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...