Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Travel

Why would cursive writing be taken out of the schools?   It does not make sense.   Yes, there are new and more modern gadgets to contact one another but I am sure they wear out and are expensive gadgets to replace.   I cannot imagine not being able to write or sign your name; are we going back to the big X in life.  I hope not.   

I remember covering our school books to keep them neat and tidy.   The brown bags were an inexpensive way to keep our books protected.

and we never realized we were working on  a computer...smile.

An old friend of mine, Larry Smith, from Carson City days.   He owns a sail boat and is traveling the world.  I had not seen him in years when he found his way to Brookings, Oregon and spent a few hours with me and my family.    He and his friend were taking off for Italy and invited me to join them;  great idea, but I think he forgot age has caught up , even he has grey hair now and I have aged to perfection and that old rocking chair has gotten very comfortable.   I hope he is having a great time and finds his way back for one more visit to tell me all about  his travels.
 
Speaking of travel, thank you Barbara for all the pictures and stories of your trip to Ireland.   It brought back some wonderful memories of my travel days over there.    It is a 'soft' country with loving people and has a beauty all its own.    I'd go back tomorrow if I could and stay longer.   I used to know folks who rented a house for a month and stayed for a month traveling around the country side.   I'd like to have a good healthy bank account and be able to do just that.   I am looking forward to a recap.
 
Here at Ridgemont, I had different table mates yesterday.  My usual seat was taken so I ventured off to another table and listened to a bit of genealogy.   Lyle found a Smith in his family line , now that should be an interesting name to follow.   We probably all have a Smith or Jones in our heritage.    It seems to be a time consuming adventure and the more he digs into the past the more he finds new names, faces and places.    His blood line has changed from German to English to a bit of French and now some Irish;  probably something we all have a little of.    It seems to be a very interesting and entertaining past time.as you find your way back in time.
 
So today , if you have time, start on the road to finding out who your ancestors are.    It should make an interesting read.   Who knows, there may be kings and queens in your background, a castle or two you had not heard about, or maybe a gypsy  cart that is waiting for you to travel the world.    Maybe your ancestors left behind clues for you to follow.   What an interesting time it will be to go on that path to find out.   Think about starting an adventure and let me know what you find.
 
Today, be kind, be generous, be good to know and be loved.   Treat yourself to some down time and take a walk around the block.  Meet and greet a neighbor or two and pass along a few kind words to brighten the day.    The trick is to enjoy the day and whatever it brings.    Reach out.    Be generous with your time and invite a neighbor in for a  'cuppa' ;  if you are lucky he or she may have baked today and will bring some good treats along.    The biggest treat is their company and the hug that goes with it.    As I have often told my children, you get out of life what you put into it, no more, no less....so get busy and put a lot of brightness in your life and shine.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...