Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Fun

  1. That Angie is a great photographer.  Her latest picture of a sunset....now that is a beauty.    I  cannot see the sunrise or sunset from the apartment windows here.   When summer comes I will make it a point to walk outside and take a peek at some of the natural beauty that surrounds. us.

What a beautiful and different picture of a waterfall.     Nature at its best.

Coffee is brewing and I am more than ready for it.    It is five thirty and I am awake, not unusual, late to bed and early to rise.     Not sure if it makes me wise but I am working on it.    The invitation to lunch at the gallery proved to be lovely.  A catered affair, tasty tiny chicken salad sandwich, a cup of delicious broccoli soup, a small cup of blueberries and other fruits , topped of with tiny rounds of cheese cake.   The ladies did an outstanding job of decorating.  Tiny baskets filled with chocolates and vases of jonquils that brighten the room.   The company was excellent and it was fun to share time with some really nice folks.   I am already looking forward to the June tea.
 
Speaking of food, and I often do, one of my favorite things to do,   Doris came knocking on my door with three big and beautiful breakfast buns straight out of the oven.   I saved one for the girls and ate one before it could cool off...yum....she manages to bake every day it seems as the smells emanate from her apartment.    I thought of devouring another one this morning and let the girls split one but that seemed a bit selfish so I didn't.   My good deed for the day...smile.

Not much to talk about this  morning as I was away yesterday and didn't catch up with the news, if any, well that isn't the truth of the matter as waiting for Patricia to pick me up for the luncheon there was a man knocking at the door to get in.  He had forgotten his key.  A new man, named Scott, who was moving in.  We had a short conversation and he wondered if folks were friendly here .    It is tough being the new kid on the block.     It wont take him long to discover the folks he wants to lunch with, usually the folks reach out and make a new person feel welcome.    He is a native of this area so probably already knows a lot of people.   
 
I am off to pick up a prescription this morning...the third one....the doctor hasn't come up with one that my system will tolerate.  I have a burned throat from the last two.    We are at odds.   I blew yesterday so will have to apologize to the young lady that mans his phones.    The bp pill I took was doing great;  no reason to change as I can't have a teen age count at this age.    Some doctor's are pig headed and then there are patients who are bull headed...um....never the twain shall meet.
 
If you are heading for a check up, be careful, be wise, be mindful that the doctor is not a god with a miracle cure.    Your body tells you a lot if you listen.    Good diet, exercise, a walk around the block, fresh air and sunshine when you get it....can't beat that prescription.    Be good, be kind, be gentle.     Try not to 'blow your top' today;  it isn't always easy, but worth a try.    Call a friend, cheer someone up, hugs are small miracle workers . . .so. . . what are you waiting for?   Go hug away.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...