Monday, March 21, 2016

New Monday



The Donald's Pent House 

A week just flew by. . . Easter on its way and lent will be over and done with for another year.    It seemed quick this year, maybe because I intended to make a little sacrifice but then blew it royally and now feel like I really did nothing.  Well nothing is what I did.   That once a week desert just opened the door for a daily treat so my intentions went out the door. 

There is no special news this morning as I had a stay at home day yesterday, read to Vinnie, watched the raindrops and did a bit of reading, listened to some music, hummed a lot,  A new visitor at the table yesterday, one who loves to talk and barely takes a breath between words.  On and On about seasonings of food, kinds of food we should eat, what foods contain, what we should be careful of and on and on and on.   Ginny sighed a bit as she later said. ."I am the opposite of her" and she's right as she hardly says a word.  It took months for her to finally add a word or two to conversations.    Everyone is different, but one or two have to be on stage all the time and it does get weary.  the give and take conversations are much more fun. 
 
My neighbor Evelyn came to ask me to come over to her apartment to see the terrarium she made at the local green house.  She was invited by her daughter-in-law and had no idea what she was getting in to.    She chose a white cast iron holder with small glass doors and filled it with one large rock and several tiny colorful plants.   It came out just right and she is very proud of it.   The class cost $65.00 which included all the materials used and the teacher.    I remember we used to make those years ago and if I remember right we used glass containers.    If I remember correctly, we did one as a Scout project. I am glad to see it back as it is a very lovely art project .  Maybe you can find a little container and fill it with small rocks and tiny plants;  a lovely Easter center piece for your table.   I think that would be a fun project.
 
So, I am off to have my coffee and wake up.    

A frozen sub base. . . bet this cost a lot of money to make. . . they big thinkers should find a way to put it to good use.   An ice skating rink comes to mind.

.  A place to rest.  I like the stone pathway.   

Enjoy your Monday, plot and plan a good week and make yourself useful.    Get out your Easter bonnet and add a flower or two.    One never knows when an invitation to walk in the parade will come your way.    I wonder if the children are all dressed in their organdy dresses and Mary Jane shoes.    the boys in long pants and a tie...all grown up for the Easter Parade.  I came across a picture of three of my children on Easter when we were up in Spokane for a year.  I actually made the organdy dresses and I don't really know much about sewing.    Lucky it was a cold Easter Sunday and the cold and wind made for winter coats and no one could see all those fancy stitches....now that was heaven sent.
 
 
Be good, be kind, be gentle.    A good deed multiplies into sun rays and basks you in the warmth of love and friendship.  Go for it.   Be magnanimous today;  go for three good deeds and see what happens.    Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...