Friday, February 26, 2016

Taste of Spring

Spring is coming.  What a wonderful way to use up old tires.  smart. . . colorful. . . lovely to look at.

An interesting tidbit.  I didn't know that.  We do learn something new every day.

Check your garden area and look for the lovely daffodils as they are first to peek out and greet Spring and YOU.

Friday has arrived and a weekend coming up.   Are you ready?    I hope so.   We had two full sunshine days and that was a very nice surprise.   I actually had the door to the apartment wide open and aired the place out.   The sunshine streams in the big window so it means I should move my computer to another spot as from where I sit I am in the sunshine glare and cannot see the screen.  So I have to close the blinds and then I close out the sunshine.    I will invite the girls over and having a 'moving' party.  all I have to do is figure out where to put what.  Come on over, I'll let you move the heavy stuff.  Smile!!

Here at Ridgemont we had  a nice surprise as Don's friend brought him over to have lunch with us.  He looked good and is sad that he cannot come back to his apartment here.   He has lost his ability to walk and is now wheel chair bound.  The ladies gave him a resounding welcome and a kiss on the cheek.   Hopefully he will come again before he has to move on to his new place in this area.   There are assisted living places close by.
Vinnie was a no show again.   He is fighting his new glasses, a bit of pride as they don't seem to fit with his new moustache.   Yes, a character and a half.  
I understand Rose has settled in over there at the hospital wing.  She will get a lot more care and once she is settled in we will be able to stop by and say hello.  
Our manager, Karen, has come up with a news letter for us.   She is very creative and works hard to try and find new and different things for all of us.   She is busy planning the outings for next month.
 
 
I managed to have my walk up to the corner and back.  It felt good and I found some tiny pinecones to put in my dish.   Daughter Christine stopped by to check out my computer and run one of those long tests on it.   She brought me my Christmas present which she forgot all about.  She did give me a lovely new sweater and forgot she had already bought me a gift and put it away and forgot all about it.   I bet you are thinking how often you have done that.  I have.   It is a painting of three little kittens watching a frog ready to leap.  It is funny and makes me laugh out loud.  You can hardly wait to see the expressions on their faces as they wait patiently for the frog to jump and he is not in a hurry to move anywhere.  It is wonderful and I am going to hang it where I can keep an eye on those kittens and the frog.   She also brought me a photograph from  J. Louis.King's collection which we just saw at the Sydney Art Gallery when we attended his one man train show.  It is a beautiful scene of Glacier Park.  I am going to put in a request for one of the girls to help me hang some pictures on the walls.  I don't want to put the regular hanging nails I have as they have some new materials that don't mark up the wall with big holes and such.   I think I am ready for an art wall.  How lucky I am.
 
So today look around your abode and see if you have enough pictures to please the eye.   Pictures and books have a way of making 'a place' a home.   Comforts in all kinds of weather, moods and moments.   So surround yourself with the things you love the most and don't forget to add a book and picture to the pile.  

Be good, be kind, be YOU.   Share a hug today.   Don't forget the one good deed  which will make you smile and the recipient happy . . . go for two or even three and brighten up your world.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...