Monday, June 12, 2017

Another One!

Clear skies, no breeze, nothing moving, quiet around Ridgemont this morning.
Yep, he did it again, another birthday.....All together now...sing loud...."Happy Birthday to you....Happy birthday to you....Happy Birthday dear John...Happy birthday to you.....

Sunday was a quiet day here at Ridgemont.   I watched cowboy movies for the most part, did some puzzling and read a bit.  No visitors.  No noise, Nothing but quiet and rest and that is not at all bad. . . it is good for the body and the soul...smile.

I did some reading, started a new book...."The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins, going to be made into a motion picture so it must be a good one. 
 
The cars are coming in slowly this morning, sort of a grey day but it is early.   The blinds are still down over in the hospital wing and quiet prevails.   It is Monday, all day,  the start of a new week.  I wonder what is in store for us.   I have an appointment with the eye doctor today so hopefully he will have a cure for 'dry' eye....weepy eyes called dry eyes, doesn't make sense. 
  
I did have a phone visit with my friend Helen in Brookings.   She is doing better with the knee problem.   It isn't much fun to find yourself hurting when you want to walk about.    We laugh about old age catching up with us but it isn't funny when there is 'hurt' to contend with.   So, having a quiet in day yesterday doesn't give me a lot to talk about.   I did find some puzzle pieces;  I did read awhile;  I did watch television with my feet up and you know I had a snooze as well.   I am perfecting 'old age' and doing a good job of it.  And...best of all I had some of those delicious left overs from the Tea.....given a chance to sit awhile, they really are delicious.   So today, the start of a new week, a soft morning with a light blue sky, no breeze of any kind, all cars parked and the workers in place.  A tiny bird is out on the fence and another is hopping about....so life goes on at Ridgemont and I am going to go get ready for a new day, an eye doctor visit and lunch out if I can talk Christine into going...a crunchy taco would taste good....I'd take you along but you are to busy doing your own thing.....so, have yourself a great day and send a verbal hug, I can always use one.   Be good, be kind, be gentle, be YOU....Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...