Thursday, May 18, 2017

Birthday

I have not one but two beautiful bouquets , one on my desk and one on the coffee table;  both beautiful and bright and make the room come alive.    AND, Christine came in last evening with a huge sun flower painting done by our Louis King ...a wow gift....I am still smiling and so thankful as my heart is full....one lucky lady....did I tell you birthdays are fun...they really are.
I have some thank you notes to write today and some hugs to share before the day is over.   I am still smiling...birthdays are so special, be sure you celebrate each one with gusto....

I had a quiet day yesterday, didn't do much of anything constructive, but I did a lot of small things to keep me busy and productive...did I make anything...NO!!!  but, I did eat some of the delicious breakfast buns that Doris brought straight from her oven.    Did I share some..yes, a few went out the door but not before I had first choice....nothing selfish about me...smile.  

I made it and look forward to another year of living and loving each and everyone of you.  How truly lucky I am to have you all in my life.    I am truly blessed as I heard from each of you.   Some have been in my life for a long time, some new, but all I can tell you is that I would be lost if I lost any one of you.   You make me smile and make my heart sing.  Thank you for being so good to me.  I have been wined and dined and gifted and blessed. . . 

So today, I have to come down from my high horse and get busy getting back to normal.   This sitting on my high horse being treated like royalty has to end ... to soon to suit me ... but it does have to end and get back to work.  So, know I appreciate every card and gift.   Know I would be lost if I did not have YOU in my life. Thank you , one and all, for being a friend;  a priceless gift....thank you.

So back to 'normal' , weather looks good, bright and the sky is a bright blue.   The shades are drawn over at the hospital wing.  The workers are coming in slowly;  some moving like they wish they had another mile to go before getting to work....must be hard work tending to those who are ill.   Say a prayer or two for each one of them.   Some folks are having a bad time of it and have to work at getting stronger.    A lot of love and compassion from those workers, a tough job they do so well.    They have all chosen a hard road to follow but they do such a wonderful job of it.    Compassion and love.....quite a combination and a God-send to those that are ill and in  need.

So today, say a prayer or two for all.    Do your good deeds and smile.    Make your life better . . . share YOU with those you like and love.    Look for some one thing you can do to make someone feel loved.    Send me a verbal hug, I can always use one...or a dozen...I'll take any I can get...smile!!  I am off to start a new day, hopefully do some good and of course, I will do some bragging as I show off my new beautiful art work and share all those good eats.....well not all.....smile.     Be good, be kind, be gentle and be a friend today.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...