Saturday, October 22, 2016

Wake Up Time...

Birds, awesome, different and beautiful.

I keep telling you.....Hugs matter.....


Well, here it is the morning after the Terrarium Party at the Gallery.  About twenty showed up and each one chose their glass container, went about the business of finding rock and gravel and all kinds of plants as well as little figurines to spark their imaginations.   They had a ball.   There was chatter, laughter, busy fingers, and even time out for a glass or two of wine, lots of laughter and conversation and of course a table filled with all kinds of special goodies to tempt the appetites.   A good time was had by all.  They were proud of their finished products and were happy with the choices of tiny trinkets to add to their gardens.   Some used rocks and greenery, tiny trees, shells, stones and used their imaginations to create a tiny garden of delights.  They used little houses, lighthouses, boats, trees and shrubs, shells and pebbles.   They created little masterpieces and had fun.  Yes, they even said so.   A good crowd.  a fun crowd.  I would venture to say that a 'good time was had by all'.   I volunteered for kitchen duties and kept my eye on the food area as plates emptied quickly and needed refilling.   I like to 'wash' as I go so it is a job I am very familiar with and I might say excel in...smile.....

Our 'king' Louis set up all the tables and set up the bar, actually he made it out of old drift wood and did a fantastic job.   He is a kind and gentle soul.   A good worker and delights in making changes to the gallery.  He has opened it up and changed the 'feel' of the gallery and everyone seemed to notice.   The new picture wall was spectacular and got a lot of attention.   There are more changes in the offering, one of the walls separating the main room is about to be taken down.  I hate to see it go as it is an area that the artists work shows well.   But, they tell me not all of it is coming down, just a bit in the center to open to the smaller room where more pictures will be hung and enlarge the areas.   So, all in all, it was a good crowd, a happy and contended bunch who had a fun night out and went home with a special terrarium  all their own.   I left mine in the kitchen...wouldn't you know it.....

So this morning my legs are complaining of abuse.  They are not happy with all that standing.  I was.  Can't imagine why they complain...smile.   I am getting old....really old...and the legs are first to complain.   They have been well used, not abused, and are still going strong.  The protest and send messages to the brain to sit...well you cannot sit and work at the same time unless you have a desk job.  So today I will give the a break and sit awhile.    I'm off to check with 'the girls' and find out what they plan for the day.   Hopefully they are sleeping in.  Hopefully they will want to go out for awhile later in the day. . . if I promise to treat them to dinner they might just put their shoes on.

Have a good day, do something you love to do with someone you love to be with.   Make sure there is laughter and love in the mix;  a hug will only add pleasure...so, go....have fun today and stop off at the store and buy a nice size glass bowl, a little sand, some dirt, some little tiny plants and make your own terrarium.    Have fun.  Hugs to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...