Monday, October 24, 2016

For The Bird

How often in life we have found this to be true.   

And he or she wears a coat of many colors.   A bit of the gypsy in its soul.

Reflections.   What a beautiful picture.  What a magnificent bird.

My first cup of coffee is gone, time for a refill.  I'll be right back.

My little coffee pot makes two cups of coffee ;  a good way to cut back when I used to drink a whole pot of coffee before the day was over and sometimes made a second pot. I've cut back, but have to admit it tastes just as good as ever and so easy to make.   Bad habits are just to much fun to give up.    Daughter Pat was off to the grocery store so I had her pick me up a loaf of raisin bread...smooth on a little peanut butter and  add a bit of fruit and you have a healthy breakfast.  I still opt for the big fat doughnut or one of those breakfast buns but my system tells me those days are long gone;  actually, a good thing as the calorie count is massive and they are so pricey it spoils the taste.  I remember going down to visit my sister-in-law Eileen and  stopping at the bakery to get a dozen of those fancy breakfast buns.  They were sixty cents a dozen....now they are a dollar a piece...inflation at its best.There I go repeating myself again....better get used to it, or give me up, as the brain is changing more every day.  The older I get the less it retains.   I think we could use a trap door to let a lot of 'stuff' out and have a chance to fill it with new.  I am not sure what this nonagenarian life style is going to be like;  probably forget more than I remember or is it the opposite....remember more ....time will tell.   I do not get feed back from you, so I have no idea how you are reacting to growing older.    I think you will find out that it all depends on how good you took care of yourself.  Hopefully you are active, busy, learning something new and different every day.   Reaching out to keep the old friends and adding a new one or two .

    Yesterday I visited Doris, a lovely lady who is clearing out the 'old' and swearing not to add anything new.   She gave me her collection of tiny pewter figurines which her husband collected many years ago.   The company is still in business but down sized.  I gather there is not a demand for these little items.  They are minuscule in size but amazingly detailed.    I told her I would find homes for them and promptly handed the job over to Patricia who delights in researching on the computer.    I cleared a spot on my bookcase shelf and set up a reminder of California and its Gold Rush days.  I have a couple of donkeys, a few pine trees and several old timers ready to find their gold mine.    Hopefully pewter doesn't show dust .  For someone who down sized, I am doing a good job of adding 'things' to my little space.   I  am all set for winter as I now have four new puzzles awaiting attention.   The one on the table is coming along but very slowly.    I have at least ten novels which may or may not be read, at least not for awhile.   I think down sizing is the wrong word as I am up-sizing and doing a great job of it. Pack rat is a word that gets attention so I think I will take time out today and downsize....some of those books I will not read and I know it...so time to put them upstairs in the library so someone who is in need of a book can have it.   Some of the little figurines need a good home...I will find one.    Less is better.....I know that.   When things become 'cute' it is time to clean house.   

So today, clean house....make room for new and different down the line....give yourself some breathing room and relax.    Share all those goodies you bought in case someone drops in....call them up and make sure they do come.   I've said it before and will probably say it again...'sharing is caring' so share YOU today.    Be good, be kind, be gentle and smile with your eyes;  sparkle;   grin; reach out and hug someone today.   Hugs to all.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...