Thursday, May 26, 2016

Signs

Friend Marge found a friend waddling along the Port sidewalk in Brookings.    Ah!!   I miss seeing the gulls that want to be fed by humans instead of going fishing on their own.    Noisy creatures , but graceful and plentiful as they waddle on the boardwalk.   My very first encounter with a sea gull was in Newport, Rhode Island.   I was walking down Thames Street with my brand new husband , off to meet his family, and as we walked down by the buildings a gull flew over and plopped right on my head leaving me with a mess to try and clean up before we got where we were going..   Talk about first impressions.

A favorite place, a perfect shot by Mike A.   I probably have shown this picture earlier in the week, but it is a beauty and should be admired again.  The base of the Sierras, the horses in the field and a reflection inn the pond....what a shot....If I could, and had permission, I would enter this in one of the  photo shows.  It would be a winner.

Advice we should listen to and should have, could have over the years.    We folks know how to waste time, about time we learned how to 'live' time.    the seconds fly bye so don't waste them.

The work party went well as we tried to put a circle of soft cloth over a tiny honey jar for the upcoming June tea party.   The ladies work hard and enjoy each other as they tried to work with raffia;  now that is not easy to work with as it has a mind of its own.   I finally mixed it with a bit of ribbon and had more luck with it.    There was a lot of laughter as we struggled with our project and all fifty jars finished.   Of course we had our pizza which was delicious. and the beverage of choice.    I could have and should have . . . famous words . . . done more but I was busy trying to be creative.  Believe me raffia is not the 'stuff' to be creative with.   It is always a fun time to work at the work parties and the helpers are easy to be with.  
 
Here at Ridgemont it was quiet yesterday as quite a few had gone off on the bus to the shopping center.  I didn't see the sign up sheet so didn't venture off, but then I don't think I would have signed up as I had just been out and about and needed more down time.  Strange, well not so strange, life reverses itself and you wake up to find you are beginning second childhood. Don't laugh, it is a truism.    the five senses begin to retrace their steps and you are at a beginning all over again.    the pace begins to slow and all the hurry in the world is not going to change it.    So for once in your life you learn to relax and not anticipate a lot of rushing around.   You allow the other folks to keep up the pace while you slow down to a walk.   It is fine.  Not a problem.  It just takes patience and understanding to deal with it all.   Life is  like that.   
 
So today practice slowing down.    The body needs rest time and the mind needs it even more so.    I have a couple of dear and loving friends I wish would accept the fact that their type A personality is going to get the best of them if they do not find a way to peace and harmony within.   For some reason or another they think that they are destined to keep up a pace that would slow anyone down and they defy it.   So think about how you perceive your world.  Think about how you care for this human body that is such a fabulous creation.   The care you give it is the fuel to keep it going.   So care about YOU.  Give yourself permission  to slow down and renew the worn bits and parts.    Strengthen the worn out parts and give yourself the love and care you shower on others.   Be good to YOU.  
 
Today , live a little selfishly, be a King or Queen for today.    Make today  "MY" day and only do what YOU want to do.  You can get back to 'normal' tomorrow.  Be kind, be gentle, be a lover of life and share it.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...