Sunday, April 17, 2016

Sunday Morning

Years and weather make this old barn beautiful;  have to think about that when I complain of getting old.  Some times age brings about a special beauty all its own.   

Vacation time on a dude ranch, never had a chance to do that, or never tried to find the time and money to vacation on a ranch or a farm, both life styles with a lot of interesting and fun things to do.  

Yesterday, Saturday, bright with sunshine and warmth, we found our way to the edge of a little town called Manchester, and drove into a tree lined pathway to a lovely huge home at the edge of the water where a spectacular view awaited.   The steps down were a challenge but once there the food tent was up, the chairs and hammock beckoned and a good crowd of folks arrived to celebrate the birthday of a friend called Louis King.   

Louie is a charmer, a man of wit and words and a flair for outrageous , a joke, a tale, a story all done with a smile.   He never met a stranger which attested to the large group of folks who turned up to wish him a happy birthday.    We found a hammock and some chairs to sit on and face the expanse of the bay.   We saw the ferry boats going to and from the islands; a fantastic view of Seattle off in the distance, active sea life and a beautiful eagle took to a tall tree.    Did I take my camera,   no...sorry as I would love to have shared the views with all of you.   

We sat with Sally and her husband John and as the ladies talked gallery and its upcoming plans for teas and other fun plans, I asked John what he did to keep himself busy in his retirement.   He  is a counselor and helps folks sort out their lives.  He does much to help those in need and although he cannot 'cure' them, he can lead them to a path where they can help themselves change and live their lives to the fullest.    Quite an accomplishment and  so needed when one has been in the throws of misery and neglect.   

The food was plentiful, all kinds of delicious dishes and Louis himself, made a jambalaya  that was more than delicious.   I think everyone must have brought a bottle of wine as it flowed freely .    The sun went in and the wind came up and it got cool.  The sunburn on my nose didn't keep me warm, so it was time to go.    I hope Louie extends another invitation to visit his beach.    I'll gladly bring a dish and some wine.   

When I got to my apartment, shoes came off, my easy chair looked inviting and yes, I did have  a nap.  when I awakened, I thought it was a new day, but it was only time to catch up with the news and have a hot cup of tea.    In my minds eye I was still looking at the beautiful water, the mountain far away, the ferry boats keeping their schedules and the sail boats moving with grace and charm over the water.   

So know there is nothing more satisfying that a bit of time spend with new and old friends, good food and a beautiful view.   If you have a chance to share that, do not turn down an invitation...go and enjoy.     Be a willing guest, and share YOU with those you like and love.    Hold a hand, kiss a cheek,  and a bear hug chases the blues away.   Hugs to all.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...