Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Wood

Smooth, elegant, designed for comfort and beauty.

A rocking chair every household should have , although I loved holding the little one in my arms.

What a beauty.    The god of the woods.    love that moustache.

a fancy doorway, love the trim.

You would need a huge room for this table.  What a beauty.   

There is so much beauty in wood as we marvel and love having huge trees surround us  in our forests and our neighboring wood lands.    We marvel at the trucks hauling the huge fallen trees and wonder what is to become of them.   Here we see the end results and know there is rhyme and reason to our fallen trees.     One piece of beryl alone makes a beautiful table.  A walk in the redwoods brings peace and harmony.   A walk in the woods brings serenity and silence.      A touch of the bark of the tree brings wonderment of the strength and beauty of God's work.    Wish I could remember so I could quote the poem "Trees" which ends with 'only God can make a tree."   
I caught up with some filing for Christine yesterday.  She had a couple of good size projects to keep me busy and I enjoyed every minute of it.    I was treated to lunch in a bakery restaurant down  in town.   The counter glass case was filled with a selection of huge donuts and coffee buns .  I looked but didn't indulge as they serve real turkey in their sandwiches on homemade  bread  which make the taste buds sit up and dance.   We returned to the work at hand and got quite a bit accomplished.   A never ending chore, filing is like dusting , never ending.  

Meanwhile Miss Patricia is off on a mini vacation.  She is holding court in Gold Beach, enjoying a fishing morning, a walk along the stream looking for agates, watching Emma cavort with Jock's dogs and having a swim.    She is having fun and will take time out to visit some friends in Brookings.   Am I jealous?   Yeah!!  But, only a little.   

I had an e-mail from granddaughter Erin yesterday and was happy to hear that the flu bug had finally taken flight.   The Islands got a big dose of some kind of strange virus .   She made store manager and seems to like running a health food store.    I bet she is learning a lot about health food and pill forms but I hope she is eating real food and staying healthy...smile.

So today, be sure you eat well.   Eat healthy.   Eat a lot of the good salad makings but be sure you add a good steak now and then it is good for the blood and circulation, besides it taste good.  I'd like a good prime rib dinner...yum....but beggars cannot be choosers so I'll settle for a hamburger.

Be good, be kind, be gentle. . . go out there today and let loose with a smooch or two.    A kiss on the cheek feels like butterfly  wings.   So be a butterfly.   Hugs to all.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...