Thursday, March 17, 2016

HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!!!!





A beautiful shamrock . . .luck of the Irish.







St. Patrick

Boston, Massachusetts was famous for its St. Patrick Day parade

You can kiss me even if I was not Irish....smile.


Bubble and Squeak...Corned Beef and Cabbage along with Irish Soda bread and potatoes, carrots, turnips and don't forget the mustard.

I am heading over to Patricia's house this morning to cook up a big batch of corn beef and cabbage.   You are invited  . . .   all you have to do is come.    I can't promise green beer but I am sure there is a bit of libation around somewhere.   Granddaughter Erin favors this dish.  I hope she is making it over there in Hawaii.   How we miss her.    Jock usually joins us as would Mike and John and Jo;  all lovers of a good Irish meal.    It is a tradition.  I wonder where it started.  I wonder who started it.    Everyone loves a good dinner and this particular one is very  tasty.    Don't forget the mustard for the cabbage as it makes it taste extra good.    The left overs are equally delicious and in the end a hash to tickle the taste buds;   not a bit of waste , a full belly and a sigh of satisfaction.    Don't forget to add a bit of vinegar to your corn beef while it is cooking.   And you are all adopted Irish for the day.
 
What did I do yesterday?   I visited Patricia and watched the beginning of a new season of "House of Cards" .    Over here in Ridgemont they were busy testing the new fire alarm system and the noise is heard around the world....gets your attention.   They are testing again today but I will be having that Irish dinner I just talked about.     The alarm is loud, no worry about hearing it and wondering what it is.  Believe me, you can probably hear it where you are.    Safety for us in case of fire.  Let us hope and pray it never has to be a true alarm as some of the folks here would have a very hard time trying to evacuate.  Most can't use stairs and the elevators don't work when there is a fire so it is best to be prepared and hope it never comes about.
 
The food seems to be improving.   Well, the crab cakes which really are shrimp cakes tasted pretty good.    I have to laugh as if the main dish is tasty the desert is awful and if the desert is really tasty then the main dish is awful.    Haven't figured that one out yet.    I can't even begin to describe the puddings, but a mixture of apple pieces into some kind of a pudding is sacrilegious . . . you would think desert would be the saving grace of the institution food chain.   Yuck!!!   Okay, I'll stop . . . on occasion we do have a tasty morsel but not often...smile.
 
So today, enjoy St. Patrick's Day and be Irish.    Cook up some corn beef and cabbage and call in a neighbor or two.  Tell an Irish tale or a joke or two and you will be smiling all the while.     Don't forget to hum an Irish tune and if you are up to a bit of a jig wont harm you.     Share your smiles.   Share YOU with those you love and like.   Today is a great day to be Irish.  Hugs to all.
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...