Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Good Morning To You!!

Emma

Rain

Some mornings you cannot get anything to work, a ghostly cloud hangs over your head and you start off the day with everything going in the opposite direction of what you intend.   I could go into the spiel about computers and how they refuse to cooperate when you want them to;  or, I could go into a harangue about the pictures that don't want to come through.   There are a lot of things to gripe and groan about but I am not going to play that game.  I am just going to write a few words about a lot of nothing special and give you some peaceful time all to yourselves.

Tuesday was quiet around Ridgemont.   My girls were busy with Gallery duties, meetings and catch up work at home.   I read to Vinnie for an hour and caught up with an area we just didn't want to read.   The holocaust which hurts the mind, the heart and the eye to even try to read.  So we skipped a few pages and got back to what was beginning to happen as the huge carriers were hastily repaired and set out to face the huge Japanese armada on its way to crush the world.   Vinnie bought a maple tree, a tiny seedling which will a life time to grow.    He had shown it at his table and one of the ladies sitting there took a negative attitude about planting a tree around this area.  She had nothing to say that he wanted to hear.  He wanted to plant something, even if only in a big pot.  She questioned his choice but he ignored her and classified her as 'a negative shrew' .  He found a spot to plant it but then was knocking at my door looking for a spade.  I could offer a spoon.
 
Rosemarie came down to choose a book to read.   She read one of  my stories and after some comments about the misplaced commas, decided that I tell a good story and she wanted more.   She took two;  so now to wait for the other shoe to drop.   Telling her I write like I talk and don't pay attention to all the correct grammar I don't even remember , as to rules and regulations, nor do I care. . . I just want to tell a story and I do. I'd like to be perfect, honest, but that would be a lost cause.  Perfect I am not , never was and I am afraid I never will be.    It is much too late to ask her to be my editor.
 
So, I am off to await the sound of the fire alarms.  They are being tested today, several times, loud and clear we understand.   I have one by my door way so I should reverberate with the musical sound of the alarm as the apartment shakes and reacts to the shrillness of the alarm.  It is loud.  It is long.   It is a pain in the you know what, but a necessary evil.
 
Enjoy today, find reasons to brag a little about your accomplishments.    Sit and ponder what you can do to make your corner of the world a better place.   It may mean you have to give of yourself;  a wonderful gift and a necessary one.   Be good, be kind, be gentle, be YOU.  Hugs to all.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...