Monday, March 28, 2016

Good bye Easter

A truism.     And a lot of folks love roughing it.    Not me, scared of the dark, the bugs, the mosquitoes, the noises of the dark of night.   A true sissy. . .city bred. . . I'll stay at the local motel while you camp and we will meet half way.

A bit irreverent but cute. . . we will let this little chick grow and then find a reason to cook it up;  maybe a clean mouth would help. 

Say good bye to Mr. rabbit until next Easter.   What a beauty.    

I hope each and every one of you had an Easter to remember .     I had a quiet one as  Christine had a niece, by marriage, join her for the day.    I decided not to join them as it is a long time between their visits and I am sure they had much to catch up on.   Instead I had a tea party here at Ridgemont and Lil came down to share time and some of her home baked cookies with me.    We had a great visit and learned a lot about each other.    Lil headed right for the jig saw puzzle and found a piece much to her surprise and hoped to find more but this puzzle is a doozy and not as easy as the picture on the box.   Pat came over later and helped to put some of the clumps together.    It is coming along, but has a way to go.
 
Vinnie and I had a read for about an hour, and then later, he came down to say hello and brought a lovely adult coloring book with crayons as a surprise and gifted me.   I invited him to join us for a cup of tea but he declined.  I told him I had left a basket of Easter Candy on the upstairs desert table so he hurried up  to fill his candy dish before they are all gone.   There were not many at the dinner yesterday as the family members usually come bye to treat them to a family outing.   Those that stayed enjoyed ham and scalloped potatoes and carrots, along with a gelatin type of pie that had a strawberry color, different, not chocolate crème which I as hoping for.     Smile, never satisfied.   But, I do like crème pie and making it disappear.
 
So now we start thinking about enjoying a change in our weather as we head into late  Spring and early Summer.   It will be here before we know it.    It is too early for a vacation but not to early to think about plans for one.    Will you be part of the campers spending your time off in the forest, or will you be a beach bum for a week or two?    Some will travel;  where will you go?   Just remember your camera!!   If I were rich I would plan a summer off going all around the country to visit each one of you.  What a trip that would be.    I would start here on the west coast and head east and go all the way to Rhode Island.   I'd even go to Georgia and visit Walter.  I'd see John and Jo in Delaware, Andy and Bob in Arizona, Lynn in Pennsylvania .  Mike and Mari in Virginia; My Michael in Nevada;   the list goes on and on and it would be such a special trip. . . ah, if only the machines had paid off, I'd be on my way.   smile.
 
Okay, I'll quit daydreaming  as Easter brings about new beginnings and lovely day dreams of what is to come.    We will all be in for some surprises, so let us hope and pray they are all good ones.    Remember you have work to do, a few good deeds to share and a lot of hugs and kisses to dispense with.    A wide smile, sunshine eyes and open arms....ah......what a day you are in for.  Go...hug a lot.      Hugs to all.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...