Friday, February 19, 2016

Natural

Every February the sun hits Yosemite Falls just right and it looks like a bolt of lightening struck the falls, but it is only sunshine reflected in the water.   Pretty unusual and very lovely to look at.   I gather folks come from all over just to get a peek at it, and many photographers.   I would have  gone to see it had I known it existed.    Not to late to plan a trip for next February.

I am waiting patiently.  How about you?

A picture from a Travel Magazine touting a spot to vacation in this time of year....If  I were rich I'd make reservations and take you along.  I wonder if it is in Arizona, the rock formation looks familiar. The month of February is the time to go visit a place like this. . . all you need is money honey and a bit of time.
 
I really love rain, always  have, but, the proverbial but, it would be nice to have a sunshine day thrown in the mix so one could take a long walk around the block and get some exercise.   I have an exerciser room right next to the apartment but the machines scare me.   I cannot see how I  can climb up on one and set it off for a walk when my underpinnings are on the weak side of baby steps.   I do use a machine that exercises the arms and legs but my count hasn't climbed yet past twenty;  I'm working on it but cant seem to work up any enthusiasm for it.    I think the bones get lazy;  in fact I know they are and I am  not about to change them.   I miss the hot springs of Nevada ....oh my, I really do. 
 
It was a quiet day here at Ridgemont yesterday.    We have a new table mate who loves to laugh and the conversation was all about our talents .   Some folks are many talented.  Some have a few..  and then there are a few just like me....no talent.    Well, it only took eighty years to develop one or two.    Some made all of their children's clothing up to their teens when homemade would be a 'sin' to wear.   Others baked fancy cakes and all kinds of treats but did not excel in pie making.   Some made pies and told of bathtub cakes.   When they got to sewing I had them laughing out loud.  That is something I wanted to do but never mastered it.    Some one should have told me you had to follow the pattern, not make up your own.  They spoke of making knitting clothing and socks...only a genus can make socks.   Crocheting  afghans  became my skill when I retired but I still had not mastered square corners.   The consensus of opinion was that each one missed being able to use their hands .  I told them is was 'a jack of all trades and a master of none'  although I did accomplish a few paintings and a few books and found my talent was words.  How I wished I had paid more attention to our English teacher in school.
 
So today, check out your talents and perfect them.   Make good use of your seconds.    Take the time to enjoy what you do.  Everyone needs some rest time and despite what the old timers used to tell you about being the devils helper if you were not making every second useful, it was a fib, and rest is good for the body and the mind.   So take time out to relax.   Some find relaxation in baking;  some find it a tremendous chore;   some take time out to read and some wouldn't be caught dead with a book in their hand.   all in all the choice of rest time is up to you , just make sure you pencil it in your daily routine so you do not become dull and boring.    If you like to talk on the telephone and some overdo it, but channel the call to a lonely one.  If you like to walk, call a friend and get him or her outside in the sunshine or take an umbrella and  have a walk in the rain.  It is called 'living' so do a lot of it today and enjoy your seconds.    Be good, be kind, be gentle and let go a great big belly laugh. . .and a bear hug too.   Hugs to all.
 
  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...