Saturday, January 9, 2016

Winter Still


At first I thought of birds then got a good look and thought it has to be Bob and Andrea resting after shoveling their long driveway in Kingman Arizona.     

A black headed bird, looks comfortable as the snow flakes drop.   I bet it wishes it flew south for the winter.

How beautiful.   

Speaking of beauty, this is a winner at the Oregon Quilt Show.    Someone is very talented and creative.    That is a lot of hard work.  Congratulations to the maker of such a beautiful bedspread.   

Computer hi jinx so early in the morning;  threw me out like it knew what it was doing.  But. . . I had saved my beginning so I had the trip back and here I am once again.    If I didn't know how to swear, I might take it up and learn some new words...smile.
 
I had a good day yesterday, so good I forgot to do my laundry so will have to go check the board and see if there are some open spots today.    I left my door open and company came just as I was  making myself a cup of tea.   There is nothing like sharing a cup of tea with friends.   Ron came in his big electric wagon and I have to move my little hall table so he can get by.   He has been tied up for several months due to a ligament breaking down in one foot.  It has been a road to hell and back for him but the good news is that he is healing.  As a diabetes person he heals very slowly and for awhile the doctor was watching one area that looked like it was going to be a big problem.    We seldom think to count our blessings until we hear the sad tale of another.    He is tired of sitting;  tells us that too much sitting is as painful as no sitting at all.   He has not lost his sense of humor.   He gets lonely not being able to do all the things he is used to doing so he went looking for an open door.   Not long after that Vinnie stopped by to tell me about his appointment with the doctor.   He does have the start of Parkinson in its early stages so has been put on  some medication that hopefully will help keep it moving slowly.    He was not going to stay but decided he was in good company so he joined the conversation.   Then Doris came in and told us about her stove.  she is the baker, makes delicious pastries and shares them.  At 98 that is quite a feat.    A tiny lady with smiling eyes and a very big heart.   So it was worth not doing my laundry and green tea is becoming a favorite, I think, as the folks know when I am getting ready to have some.

The huge wagon wheel against a huge stone wall of many colors is almost done in that thousand pieces of  jig saw puzzle.   Pat came over and helped and did a great job finding the spokes.   The blend of colors is beautiful but doesn't help in finding the right piece until you forget color and start thinking shapes.  Sometimes there are so many same shapes you still cannot find that illusive piece but when you do...smiles....so far there has been only two puzzles I could not finish.  Both were all same color and shapes so you would need the patience of Job to do them.    Friend Bob gave up on one puzzle this week, a first for him, as he is one of the best at making impossible puzzles come together like they were 'easy'.  I cannot imagine what this one must be like.   No, Bob, thanks any way if you were thinking of sending it this way...smile....I still have the all blue one I intend to try one more time ....my mantra....if Bob can do it, I can do it....hopefully.   Time will tell.

So today, be good, be kind, be gentle.    Go help a neighbor shovel a path way to your door and put on your tea pot.   If you do not have something sweet to go with it, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are always tasty.   A Hero or one of those sandwiches made with the green peppers and onions, roast beef and cheese...wow....delicious and strengthening so you can go back out and shovel some more.    Be a good neighbor.    Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...