Wednesday, November 30, 2016

No Changes

Join me in a prayer or two for Jock who is going into surgery this morning.   
A tea party....plan one today.
Age has a way of creeping up on us!

Another day to celebrate life.   Weather is weather and there is not much you can do about it but enjoy it.    November is ending and the excitement of the coming of Christmas is showing its 'head', whether or not it is a good sign remains to be seen as you get out the pencil and paper and make that special list of folks you want to treat.   The stores are up to full tilt in advertising all of their expensive wares but you can be smart, choosy, wise and stay way ahead of them by thinking of each individual on your list and choosing the perfect gift .  How long has it been since you made some home made fudge?   How long has it been since you made those delicious wine cakes and the fruit cakes, hey, don't raise your eyebrows, I love fruit cake.   If you have not been to your local church bazaar or to the local art gallery, it is time to visit them as they have gift selections that make shopping easy.    It is not the expensive gift that will get you that hug, it is the gift of knowing the person and loving that person , you are wise enough to choose the perfect gift of realizing what they like .  That tells them how well you know and love them.    Christmas is coming, can't you feel the excitement in the air?

How is the decorating coming along?   I have added a few tiny items to my hall table.   I have a special candy dish filled and ready for those who come in to help them selves to a treat.    My very old Santa candle is at the ready and a tiny tree makes it look festive.   I have my angel sitting on my desk and a  creche sitting on my counter top.  I'm all decorated!!  Yesterday, I was invited to join Ruth, one of my favorite ladies here at Ridgemont, for a cup of coffee in her apartment.   She has it all decorated and it is lovely.   So the Christmas spirit has arrived and it should be a fun month...take a deep breath, a smile on your face and get in the Christmas mood.....smile!!!!

I am off to get a refill of my coffee.  I am getting hungry but it is only four a.m. , woke up at three and couldn't go back to sleep, so YOU get to have my company and you are in a deep snooze and don't even know it.    So sleep on, I'm  heading for the kitchen and will fix myself something to eat.  I wake up hungry, don't you?    I'll catch up with you later, for now I am thinking a nap wouldn't be bad. . . after breakfast is a good time...

Be good, be kind, be gentle and treat everyone you meet today like a long lot cousin.    Drop a coin or two in the little buckets at the store fronts.    Do your 'bit'. . . some folks need a little help . . . count your blessings you have the ability and desire to be one of Santa's elves or a Christmas angel in disguise and not one who is in need.....well wanting hugs is not needy ...just a desire to be loved and we all want that...so hug away....be that bright light today.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...