Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Old Stuff

August heat and we pray for a storm to cool the air.  It has been a hot week.  The cooler has been working just fine so no complaints from this end.....well not many...just a few.   Weather is weather and we cannot do much about it ....but...gripe, groan and moan.....we do have to keep up our spirits.
A truism.    If you want reaction just talk politics.   Better not, some folks take a dim view of what is going on and some are very sensitive to any words of doubt about their choice.  

There was a lot of activity in the parking lot this week when fire engines and ambulances arrived.  The folks in the hospital wing were being evacuated due to a gas leak.   There was a lot of activity  and after some time the all clear was sounded and all returned without mishap.   My hat is off to those folks who respond, not a second is wasted and they are well trained.    It is a good feeling to know we have the help when we need it.    Our firemen deserve our respect and attention.

I have no adventure stories today as I had an in day.   I did walk to the corner and back after lunch as there was a slight breeze and it felt good to walk out.    We had a corn beef lunch which was so tough even a dog would have trouble chewing it.   You would think the cooks would know how to cook a corn beef and tough green beans didn't add a thing to dinner.    I'd offer to help cook some up but we are not allowed in the kitchen.    The food has not and will not improve here.  Oh for a good pinch and snip cook.    I have to admit the desert was delicious.  It is a blueberry square with creme cheese and the combination is very tasty.    All I can say is it must be 'store' bought.

Enough, I gripe about the food here all the time.   The good thing is I eat less.  I have some special treats in my refrigerator so I will never get skinny.    It is amazing how good yogurt tastes some days.   I tried one last time to make a sandwich with some of the corn beef for my dinner last evening but it was not worth the effort.   Pat left me some of her garden produce so I made up a plate of healthy tidbits and enjoyed them.  Food is our fuel and it is what keeps us strong and healthy, but it has to be edible.    Today, I get to grocery shop and it will be a short list;  you know, there is nothing good in this house...and you all know what that means.    My list is short, bread, milk, eggs and something GOOD!!!

So today if you venture into a store, be sure to choose something GOOD as it soothes the heart and the soul.   You might think about having a tea party and invite family and friends in.    If I were nearby I would come;  I'd even make the tea if you would come.  I'd like that.    What fun it would be to share time with YOU;  can't think of anything I'd like better.    Well a dish of ice cream and a hug might do it.   Don't waste your seconds.  Make good use of them . . . SHARE......it is what makes your world a better place.   Be good, be kind, be gentle and show the other half how to live life.   Be gracious today.   Be thankful today.   Be YOU today.  Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...