Saturday, June 18, 2016

Saturday Morning

I felt like I was walking this road this morning;  well, I'd like to be but it is not Nevada ...and I do miss Nevada....friends....rides....wild flowers and lots of good memories.......but I was trying to get on the computer for hours it seems as it does not want to work this morning.  There is no reason I know of, but it is slow and it is having its own time in coming up to put any pictures or messages on.   Not sure what will happen but I'll continue and see.

One of those pictures that deserve as econd look.   How lovely wild flowers are.   Easy to look at and sometimes the aroma is heavenly.    How lucky we are to be able to have gardens, lovely flowers, and they look good inside the house as well as outside in the gardens.   It is a shame to cut them but then that is why we grow them.   They make a room come alive.

My beautiful daughter Patricia.   She is such a jewel.   I am very happy and content to be in her life.  

My words would sting this morning.   I think he will go down as the worst president we have ever had and we have had some doozies.   

Looking out my window this morning the skies look like rain coming;   that gray overcast look without a breeze and the furnace kicked on so we may have some cold outside.  I am not going out to find out as it is Saturday and I don't have to put my shoes on until later.  

Vinnie and I finished the book yesterday so we will take a sabbatical for a week or two.   I want to find a new story to read but not a war story, had enough of that for awhile.   The two books written by Herman Wouk, in 1978, telling the tale of World War II with all of its horror and miseries.   An author who writes with passion for the tale he wants to tell.   If you have not read the books, I would highly recommend them.  Now to find a new tale, but what?   Something with a little humor would be fun.   I have the old book "Suds In Your Eyes" about ladies who build a fence with beer cans, wonder if Vinnie would enjoy hearing about that.   Nah, maybe a western would do it, but, I think he would prefer some Navy stories and Christine has a friend who has a book which she touts as hilarious and it is about the Navy so maybe she will loan it out and I can read that.   We could use a laugh or two.
 
Yesterday, Friday, was house cleaning and laundry day and a down day.  I did get a lot done.  I put on my music and dusted, straightened the pictures on the wall and looked pretty good around here.   Then, after our dinner time, I hunkered down with my book and finished it.   It was a Patterson "Cross" book and they are fast reads and always keep you on your toes.   I took three of my books up to the library and traded them  in for three new ones.   So today, if there is nothing exciting to do and I do not get an invitation to anywhere, I will start a new book.   That doesn't mean I wont stop to puzzle;  puzzle....it is a doozy...defies you to find apiece as they are all alike and fit anywhere you want to place one...then find it doesn't go there....it takes patience;  you know that old saying...'patience is a virtue possess it if you can, seldom in a woman, never in a man";  a truism I think.   I know you are smiling.  Good!!  My rhetoric is repeated over and over;  sorry, there just isn't anything new and different to tell you about.    So, the weekend is here....find something to do with it......something that you waited all week to do.....the time is now....use it wisely.
 
Go, have a fun weekend and do some things you have been wanting to do.  Take the time to enjoy the weekend.   You can catch up on chores and other mundane things all week.  The weekend should be yours to lighten up, relax, do what YOU want to do....it is that easy.    Go...enjoy yourself.   You waited all week, worked hard, so think "I deserve a weekend to do what I want to do"...and...go do it.   Have fun while your at it.    If you shop 'til you drop don't blame the stores;  If you eat more than you should, don't blame the restaurant.   If you don't share your love and your hugs, you have no one to blame but yourself . . .so. . . be a hugger, get busy and see if you can break the count...one means your selfish;  two means you are heading in the right direction, and three means you hit pay dirt....go for it and try for four.    Hugs to all.
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...