Sunday, May 29, 2016

Normal

I had to laugh when I saw this picture.  I am reading "Winds of War" to Vinnie and I have words like this to try and pronounce.  Try it, I am not very successful.    I usually spell the words I cannot say and Vinnie gets out of his chair to check the words out and he can't pronounce them either.   We agree to call them all ';German' and get on with the story.

Some of us a little,  some of us a lot, but no matter what we give it our best shot.

And the elder leads teaching by example . .  the best way to go. teaching life skills to the young.

The end of a week, the end of a month, how time flies.    Pat and I went down to the Port yesterday and walked in the misty rain to see what all the town artisans had to show in  their big white tents.   We were early so there were not to many folks there.   We had a nice quiet view of all the wares and I did buy some honey.  We didn't stay for the activities but wondered about looking things over.  Last year Jock was here and he did a lot of standing in line for the chicken wings.   We missed you Jock.

We walked up to the Market and had a bowl of fish chowder.   It really is the best in town.   John and I went there three days when he was here for a visit and made an impression  as the young lady who waited on us remembered me.   I ordered a bowl this time but found it is a bit too much;  the cup is just right.    No matter, it was still delicious.., yum.  There is a small jewelry stall nearby the restaurant and I spotted a purple beaded bracelet so picked it up for one of the ladies.   Our Darlene wears costume bracelets by the yard and I thought she should have this one to add  to her collection.  It looked like something she would like.    On sale for one dollar...ah, the big spender.

Christine is back at the Gallery today and is having an impromptu book sale.  I think Patricia and I were her only customers yesterday.  I now have four more books to read.  For someone who was not going to fill the bookcase again, I am doing a great job of it.   I'll be reading all summer and that isn't a bad thing.

So today, look for a book sale.  Some one must be having one.    Christine had her books priced at twenty-five cents a piece.   A give away.   Some great titles, most I had read and some I never heard of so I thought I'd give a new author a read.    Our local and famous author, Debby  Mac/Comber books were out thee so I got one to try and see if I like the way she writes.    She writes about Cedar Cove, which I think is Port Orchard in disguise.

So with that little bit of dribble, I am off to have a quiet day.   A trip to the grocery store, a loaf of rye bread on my list and maybe a slice or two of thin ham and cheese will make a good luncheon sandwich.   Food is fuel for the body and I am never shy about filling up.  smile.

Be good, be kind, be gentle, go about today as if it were your last day to practice being YOU.   Make someone smile today.   Be generous to a fault;  wonder if that is possible?   Try it and find out.   When you give of yourself you are spreading a hug amount of JOY around . . . what a way to share.  Send a little this way.   Hugs to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...